She is the reason I am pale. Yes indeed, Eileen informed me ladies never tanned, Oil of Olay is a god send (it is, I still use it) and one must own Gone With The Wind in hard back. She was the seed of my Anglophile. Cause they have far better history. I often fantasize about saying screw it and moving to London. Really! And let me tell you Kidlet would be on that idea like white on rice.
Books - Chaucer, Shakespeare, Austen, Waugh, Maugham, Joyce, Thomas, Wilde, Brontes x3....I mean really. Most of my favorite authors are English, Irish, Scots or Welsh.
And music? Yeah, I love all sorts of music. But hands down, I am owned heart and soul by the Brits. The from the first British invasion lead by The Beatles, Stones and Kinks to the later 90's version ala Oasis and Blur to Ska - all three waves, British punk, Goth, New Wave, New Romantic, House, Madchester, and all of 90's Brit Pop...it does not get better than that for me. And of course my favorite band is Irish. Color me Green, Orange and White =)
And Devon Cream. OH.MY.GOD. Scones with Devon Cream and strawberry preserves. Do you know I pay 8 dollars -EIGHT- for a tiny jar of the stuff from the import store? Oh yes I do and I make myself a big pot of tea and Kidlet and I get our Edina and Patsy on.
Kidlet has a huge fondness for mash and peas. Seriously I could feed her that for dinner three times a week and she would be happy. Oh and Yorkshire pudding...oh my.
And then, well, then there are there men. Yeah yeah we have good looking Americans. Clooney, Pitt, Gyllenhaal. And Johnny Depp is still #2 on the all time hot list. But the British Isles just produce a different breed of men all together. They seem to have a lock on seriously great jawlines. And #1 on this list is the King of all Jaw Porn ;0
#1 Rob Pattinson. Let's see, reads Virgil, plays piano and bumped The Depp from the #1 all time spot. This is my wallpaper at the office. A couple times a day I minimize everything and just stare at pretty Rob until I am calm again. Unwashed Hobo? Um, yes please I'll take one.

2. James McAvoy - the man managed to make the word "widened" one of the hottest things I have ever heard. And he was funny as hell in Wanted. Damn, now I wanna go watch that movie again.

3. Stuart Townsend - The fact that Charlize Theron looks the way she does should be enough for one girl, but she gets him to boot!

4. Ewan McGregor - I love me some Ewan. He likes to sing, be naked, he's gorgeous and talented. What is not to like?

5. Hugh Dancy - Lucky Lucky Claire Danes

6. Gerard Butler - Scots Wa Hae!

7. Damon Albarn - I will tell you the real reason the Gallagher boys are pissy. Cause Damon is not just wildly talented and versatile, he owns their asses in the looks department.

8. Joe Anderson - This is who should play Kurt if they ever do a Nirvana film. The kid not only looks like him but he is a damn good singer and actor.

9. Jonathan Rhys Meyers - The Ballad Of Maxwell Deamon indeed. I LOVE JRM. He is awesome as Henry on the Tudors, but I loved that Dandy look in Velvet. That's an awesome movie and features 3, count them, 3 from this list. Ewan, Christian Bale (but so not hot in it. That hair.) and JRM

10.Colin Firth - Two words. Mr. Darcy.

11. Clive Owen - I love Clive, especially in Sin City. He has that whole handsome and cynical shtick down perfectly.

12. Jude Law - I don't care if he boffed the nanny he is still hot.

13. Christian Bale - Too bad he spends so much time in that damn bat costume. But it beats the hell out of his hair in VG.

1. First list item starts here…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
23 comments:
My goodness ... look at all of your British targets - I mean boyfriends.
As a British male, I have to agree with everything you say!
I'm so in love with Gerard Butler. Whoa. And Christian Bale....eye candy. Two on your list tho, at least I think, have over saturated by the media, and those are Clive Owen and Jude Law. At one point there, Jude Law was in about every movie.
My 13 is posted. What I see on the back of a cereal box...it's a fun 13 this week...come join me if you find time.
Nice call with Damon Albarn - that guy is a creative genius. Absolutely brilliant.
I admit, though, about Bale... I prefer him in the Batsuit, even though he can wear just about anything. I'm geeky like that. ;)
One thing I have always said that the British, Scottish & Irish do so well - comedy. It's almost as though being hilarious just runs in their blood, which I definitely appreciate.
Happy Thursday to you!
I'll take one large, James McAvoy , to go please lol
Great list. Happy T13!
Pattinson trumps Depp? Oh nonono! But...it's all good, viva la difference :)
I will wait over here until the heavy breathing stops...
Mr. Firth was the quinessential Mr. Darcy...but he won my heart as Jamie in Love Actually (I actually love that movie)
Gerald Butler...Clive Owen....yes yes
a couple of these guys are too young for me...but I have girls who are 27 and 21....is it a sin to lust a little over your son in law if he is Rob Pattinson?
Southern - I seriously snickered over the target comment. Moi? Target them? Well I never......
Nicholas - Hah! I am glad to know I made one guy happy with this list!
Anni - True on Jude. He was in quite a few there but lately he has flown under the radar. And Clive can oversaturate the market any day =)
Rasmenia - A Damon fan! I LOVE Damon. And you are so exactly right on the humor part. It's part of their charm =)
Adelle - I am assuming you have see Wanted? If not, ya gotta!
Janet - Yes Johnny has reigned at numero uno since the 80's. It's only by a teeeny tiny amount, but for me Rob bumped him.
Bond - you big sissy, we look at boobs on blogs (BUD!) all the time and still wade into the stream of comments :P
Katherine - It is NOT a sin, indeed I would call it a requirement! Love, Actually is one of my all time favorite movies. Jamie is the Anti-Darcy. But Colin still gets to jump in a pond.
I almost forgot about TT....thanks for the reminder...I'm playin'
Good for you!
Great post!
I'll be making the rounds tonight Katherine =)
Wow, I like your pick of men. Happy TT!
however….if you can‘t find ones that sparkle….
See for me that is just Yuck. I found the whole werewolves icky. Except Seth. Seth is the shizz. New Moon is gonna be a challenge and unless they work Rob in more than the book had Edward I am NOT going to see it mulitple times. Taylor sets my teeth on edge and Jacob sux in my opinion.
I'm in love with about half your list!
Oh, and LOVE LOVE LOVE Albarn.....but I bet that doesn't surprise you at all!
Starrlight you've made me homesick with that post. You now I dream of London also... whilst there I hated it, and only once I moved away did I realizejust how much that city made and is a part of me.
As for the men... i'm going to have to open your eyes to a little known truth. I've been in shower rooms with British guys and all I can say is "chipolata's!" hahahaha
Hope that doesn't spoil your dreams!!! lol
Take care S.... & I hope all's well. Shane.
Brits eh?
But BAH to Christian Bale. I'm not a fan. I can't believe I have to deal with him as John Connor in the new Terminator.
I thought you might approve, Belle!
Shane - glad I reminded you of home for a bit. I am gonna stick my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalalala" over the rest of it :P I'm good. Swamped but good!
Trav- See now I LOVE Bale as an actor. Love him. American Psycho and Velvet Goldmine are two of my favorite movies and I think he does a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. Plus he's not hard to look at! There are others I could have easily swapped him with. Hugh Grant comes to mind right away.
okey so this will seriously 'date' me but if I weren't married to your old man, the other Brit I would have chosen would have been Michael Palin.... for you youngsters, that the adorable Monty Pithon dude.... Mum...er Mom
I can totally get the Michael Palin thing. He reminds me of Wilson on House.
Yeah... OK, Palin's not bad... I could go for him (if he was a woman). Though i'd never fancy a woman who looked like Michael Palin. Does that make any sense??? No, didn't think so!! ;)
Post a Comment