First off I must state for the record that today's title is not a song lyric as per the usual order of business around here. It's a quote from Velvet Goldmine.
I got sucked into a HUGE Glitterama Fest last night, and a Ewan McGregor one at that. Watched Moulin Rogue first and then Velvet. I was filled with the urge to swill absinthe and go nuts with body glitter. I can just imagine the hangover I would have today.
What really sucked is that I have been keeping my eye open for Velvet for some time now, since Kidlet would LOVE it. Bowie may be a bit pissy regarding it, but it is serious guilty pleasure time for the rest of us. She'd love Moulin Rouge as well. The child likes her some Broadway musicals. Don't even get me started on her Andrew Lloyd Weber Jellicle Cats phase. I swear, I have seen that dvd over 1000 times. She saw it live as well. She also loved Chicago. Sat through the entire thing and adored it. She was like 8!
Of course I am 100% completely to blame for it. After all, the child's favorite movie (from the time she was 5 I might add) is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. She has the audience participation 25 year anniversary CD. She has action figures. I told her that at this point, even though she has never seen it in a theatre, I hardly think we can call her a Rocky "virgin." If she is then she is the worlds most well prepared Rocky virgin. We have plans for a roadtrip this summer to Washington to see Rocky. Here in Puddletown we only have it in a 21 and over theatre due to booze sales. Which SUCKS. Cause my dad would go with us if it were in town.
It's true, the whole family is warped.
5 comments:
I always say I don't like musicals, but I DID love Grease, Rock N Roll High School, and Cannibal! The Musical. Do those count?
As for Broadway...I would have loved Cats and Phantom...not so sure about the rest.
Kidlet had a mega Cats fixation going for bit. I am one to talk though, I am completely obsessed with Hindi Sad Diamond from Moulin.
I am such a geek!
Her favorite movie, since she was FIVE, is "Rocky Horror Picture Show"?????
That is interesting.
Oh yeah. She saw the Meatloaf song on some MTV thing and loved it. Since I was an old school (yes I dressed up) Rocky fan I had the VHS version. She loved that and it also got her into old B Movie Hammer Horror films. I have the only 12 year I know that pesters me for silent movies on our netflix queue.
Oh my gosh, that brings up memories! My friend and I used to go down to the Balboa Cinema (since defunct) in our 20's and do the Rocky Horror thing. We didn't dress up, but we did get out of our seats to dance the "time warp"! I remember toast and playing cards being thrown on cue, water pistols fired into the air, and the calls of "where's your f#@king neck?" when the narrator came on. I don't remember how many times we saw it!
Post a Comment