Well I was out yesterday. Vicious headache brought on by smashing said head into my cabinet whilst trying to get out my jelly roll pan. Betty Crocker must have gotten hazardous duty pay. I whacked my head climbing inside the cabinet to try to get a pan that had fallen way in the back. Isn't that just typical? Typically Laurel and Hardy.
All this to make a Buche De Noel for the Charity Auction Bake Sale this Friday. Which turned out Magnifique! If I say so myself. And really it was Julia Child's recipe so I should have used her for the hazard pay line, but then again, she was usually half way pissed when she cooked and I was most certainly NOT drunk. It's a small miracle I live through any attempt to cook as it is. But the cake is gorgeous. Looks similar to this one

That's right, I am a domestic godess.
7 comments:
Snarky, Funny, beautiful and domesticated????
Hummmm... think I am liking you more and more each day!
You left out "challenged" Bond. Cause I really am a klutz :P
Mmmm cake! I am a cake person, hubby is a pie person. At least he doesn't eat my cake.
Sorry you bonked your melon. That had to suck.
It totally sucked, Tigg. I did it on Sunday afternoon and woke up with an even worse headache yesterday. I gave myself until 2 in the afternoon for the headache to go away or I was going to give in and go to the ER.
The acutally cooking went great. I get a huge kick out of making the mushrooms. I think that is the only reason I make the cake at all.
And I hate meringue, so I don't even eat the mushrooms :p
Shall we start up a klutz anonymous starrlight you and I?! La Buche de Noel looks lovely, send me over a piece LOL.
Cheers
Tisha
http://tishabest.blogspot.com (trouble commenting on blogger today!)
I get nada cake, Tisha. I made it to be sold for a charity fund raiser. Cause I am a softie :P
Love, love, LOVE the Eels!! I lke "Electoshock Blues" even though it's largely depressing. I love the strange combos of instruments they put together. What's your fave? I did a mini-post on them Dec 1:
6 weird things about me
Post a Comment