Monday, December 18, 2006

We Could Be Heros, Just For One Day

Having a David Bowie rock out moment. I suppose if I were forced to choose one song, Hero's would be it. Love that song. At work. Everyone is super cranky. My boss just pawed through my printing (large excel spreadsheet with attachments) and got it all out of order. I am breathing in slowly and doing my Jedi Zen Mind Trick to calm myself.

Whacking ones boss with a stapler is generally not a move guaranteed to increase your upward mobility. The weather is odd. It looks like we have a frosting of white sand outside. It's freezing fog. I HATE this weather in this state. Oregonians are such piss poor drivers to begin with, they really do not need the addition of any sort of inclement weather funsies.

I am locking my earphones in place and heading back to the back to put together my packets today and tomorrow. No school so I do not have to go play Kidlet Pick-me-up and I can really pack on the overtime. I am shooting for 35 hours this pay period. I seriously need to get caught up. Of course my program is still hosed so creating my jobs is taking for ever.

Get this, we have a group of our IT guys, the Vendor's IT guys, and some Microserfs all working on fixing this issue. They are called "The Anonymous Software Vendor Application_01 SWAT TEAM.

SWAT TEAM. Capitals their call, btw. Do you see what I am dealing with here? This application went tit's up on Oct 6th. It's Dec 18th.

I am screwed :P

10 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Back in the day (like High School) I was such a huge Bowie snob that if you said you liked Bowie, I would ask what your favorite album was - and if you didn't say "Lodger" or "Low" then I was, like, so much cooler than you.

Lord.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Ah High School =) Both are awesome albums.

Anonymous said...

Just found you on The Bestest...

Saw the name of your blog and immediately thought:

"she shot to pieces my cruel little world..and it ain't gonna rain anymore..'

Do I win a prize? ;-) (Probably remembered the lyric wrong anyway)

Heroes is a stunning song, the guitar makes the airs on my arms stand on end.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Wow! Chris I think you are the first to think of Nick Cave first. It is actually from the Hole song Heaven tonight. But Courtney definatly stole it from Nick!

Anonymous said...

Dear old Courtney. Mad as a bag of badgers.

Nick Cave is up there for me (with John Frusciante & Bowie) as the very best.

Have you heard Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues? I can't stop playing it at the moment.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh yes, Courtney is nuts, all right. Lyre is their lastest, correct? I heard a portion of it on a local radio show not too long ago. Good old, Nick. He is up there with Bowie.

Anonymous said...

It is their latest yes. Have you heard about the new part-Bad Seeds project Grinderman? Sounds promising...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Sitting listening to the conversation...

Umm.. my Bowie is a bit before yours...

LOLOL

Cinnamon Girl said...

Are we talking his Laughing Gnome years? Gotta remember, me and Space Oddity are the same age =)

Anonymous said...

Being a bad driver is not exclusive to Oregon, lol. I travel for work and there are some stereotypes that are true - in PA they ride their brakes all of the time, in OH they drive a couple of miles below the speed limit and in MI you're going too slow if you're not at least 5 miles over the speed limit. The list could go on...

statcounter