Thursday, December 21, 2006

One Night In Bangkok And The World's Your Oyster

Thai food tonight me thinks. Ohh...or Pho or Bun. I am in a soup mood and at the same time filled with very little inclination to cook. I'd make the Killer Beer Cheese Soup but the idea of peeling 12 potatos is unappealing.

Ba dum dum.

That's right folks I'll be here all week.

Which in fact I will. Doing dinner at Mom's tomorrow night and then will be in to work on Saturday and Sunday. Just not sure how long. Monday I am taking off completely. I am already down for a friggin road trip. I have to get on HWY 26 and cruise out like I am going to the coast to meet the Ex (husband variety) and pick up the kid around 10:30 on Monday am. Sort of a rest area swap since they are spending Christmas Eve at his girlfriends parents house. And they live out in the back of beyond halfway to the beach in methlab land.

I had offered to drive her half way to Gresham that night so she could see HIS family but she is not feeling that much running around and has put the breaks on that idea. Sucks that she has to spend Christmas Eve with a bunch of people she could give a rats ass about, but oh well. You can't pick your parents or the skeezes they date.

I did the good mommy routine last night and took her out to buy Christmas presents for her dad and his girlfriend. Yes, you read that right. Her father is that much of an asshat that he doesn't think to help her with presents for people like his girlfriend or gosh, me, her own mother. I have purchased every Father's Day, Christmas, and birthday gift he has ever had from her in his entire life and that includes the last 7 years since we split up. My mom pays for mine. He pays for jack.

I did draw the line at getting anything for her obnoxious Emo Spawn children. Uh uh honey, Mama don't play that.

8 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Sounds a lot like our deal here with my kiddo. Some men are just, assclowns.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Word, Tigg.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry she has to spend her holiday with those people. Looks like the ex would know better....but mine never did, so I can relate.

What is this killer beer cheese soup you speak of? It sounds delish, even with having to peel 12 potatoes.

Lex Luthor said...

Hello Star....I was just passing by and noticed something different about you? I can't put a finger on it, but I like it!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Why thank you Lex =)

Belle, the killer beer cheese soup is just that. IT IS THE BOMB.

No cream just potatoes and I use white Irish cheddar and a Bass Ale beer. It is divine.

DMM said...

I am so going thru the beginning of a divorce and HATE sharing my little man. Ex is a great father just lousy hubby.

I found your blog and love it!!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I hear ya. Mine is a better father than husband too, but the older my daughter gets the worse he gets. He has mommy aka women issues :p

DMM said...

Yea my ex wanted a 2nd mother - this chick doesn't play that game. Also, forgot to get that gift from LM to dad...UGH...out to the mall tomorrow...thanks for the reminder though. I'm so new to this - LOL

statcounter