Thursday, January 29, 2009

God Damn You Ben Stiller

You made me like Tom Cruise. Fuck you.



Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr made that movie. The Les Grossman Dance and this fake movie trailer caused me internal injuires.

12 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

You need to edit this. Immediately - if not sooner.

You cannot give people the impression that you "like" Tom Cruise.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I KNOW! I hate myself for this more than for my adoration of Hole's Celebrity Skin. But I *do* like him in the context of this movie. He was so damn good, he totally earned his globe nomination. This is why I hate Ben Stiller. I'd like to Blue Steal him where the sun don't shine.

katherine. said...

not sure ANYone could make me like TC...

Cinnamon Girl said...

OH I loathe him, Katherine. Truly. And I have since Top Gun. I was waaay ahead of the curve on TC hatred. He features prominently in a post I did on songs that are ruined by people!

BUT...he was freakin hysterical in this movie. I think the fact that he is virtually unrecognizable helped.

Desert Songbird said...

You can't make me like the Cruise Creature. You can't, you can't, YOU CAN'T.

*sticks out tongue*

Cinnamon Girl said...

Dude. He's fucking funny in this! And the fake trailer of Robert Downey Jr and Toby McGuire as gay monks with Enigma playing ...oh my god.

Downey was the best part of that movie.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Wow. There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to cut you the slightest bit of slack about liking Tom Cruise in any way, shape or form.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Myself included :P

Stupid Ben Stiller.

rebecca said...

so you recommend the movie, huh?

Ed & Jeanne said...

But he was so damn good in Cocktail. The drinks, the dialogue, the acting. HOW CAN YOU NOT RATE THIS AS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE?

Cinnamon Girl said...

VE - Oh. My. God :P

Rebecca - Yes I would for say a rental. It was not as good as it could have been but Robert Downey Jr and, gah, Tom Cruise are worth the watch alone. Ben himself came off as pretty much Zoolander in the Jungle to me - Funny, just not that original. Maybe it was just because Downey's character was SO out there all the rest paled.

Matthew McConaughey was also hysterical. Especially since he was pretty much apeing Tom Cruise as Jerry McGuire.

Travis Cody said...

There is no amount of money that could make me like Tom Cruise. I shall get ahead of you on the TC hatred curve and say that I have detested it since Risky Business.

And I detested it for it's small role in an otherwise favorite film of my youth, The Outsiders.

I so wanted to rip those sunglasses of it's head and ram them down that $@*t eating grin. I'm telling you, my dislike for it exceeds my dislike for the timbersnake creature.

statcounter