Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well The Clock Says It's Time To Close Now

Just cause these are superbly funky songs. Love Morrison. Love these songs. And for that matter, LOVE William Blake. Trust me those topics do go together, Morrison does not get the cred for the whole doors of perception thing.

So, I was home yesterday with a friggin headache which seems inclined to hang on. Kidlet had a sleepover Friday night with two of her friends here. Good kids they had a blast and we just dandy to have around. She had an eventful week last week what with her former friends spreading numerous rumors about her and one of them threatening to beat her up. Of course, Kidlet is a chip off the old block from both myself AND her dad. You just don't pull that shit on us. It pisses us off. Kidlet got right up in her grill and told her to do it. Little miss pussed out with her bluff called. But that combined with the pulling of the plug on my overtime made last week a FUCKING SUCKY ONE.

I feel better now, thanks for allowing me to vent.

Here's the deal with The Doors. I grew up with The Doors. I was down with Jim and his roadside Indian Shaman Drama and his daddy issues when I was 10. If you have not read Nobody Here Gets Out Alive you really should. So really, The Doors are one of those musical memories that go all the friggin way back. They also will forever and always remind me of certain people. Just like The Dead and Pink Floyd.

True story....saw the Oliver Stone movie The Doors with my 1st husband J, my almost but not quite T, T's girlfriend M, my second husband aka Kidlet's dad, and some waitress chick -E- that T was sleeping with at the same time. Try to keep track of that. Oh and husband 1 and I were seperated. But T and Baby Daddy were living with husband #1 AFTER I had moved out. Got that?

So there we are all the ladies in the ladies room. E and I both know that T is sleeping with BOTH of us. M - his potato head 30 Something watching girlfriend did NOT.

Awkward!

Oh and just cause I like to keep my life all Springer like....Ex husband #1 is now MARRIED to T's potato head girlfriend, while I, of course, married T's cousin.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I gotta get the fuck out of this state. Shit clings like moss on trees up here I swear to God.

PS - Morrison is not dead, he's living in Nome, Alaska =)







13 comments:

Bud Fisher said...

There really oughta be a quiz or something. And give us an "A" for attempting to keep that crowd straight...

Cinnamon Girl said...

I know, right? It needs a flow chart. Hell I lived it and *I* get confused :P

Bar L. said...

Hon, let's move to Nome. I need to get a fresh start too and Jim's man enough for both of us.

When I read the title of your post I heard his voice in my head....

Cinnamon Girl said...

I thought of you when I wrote this, Barb =)

Have you read Nobody Here Gets Out Alive?

Cinnamon Girl said...

AWESOME Morrison Bio

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

The Doors - FANTASTIC...Morrison - a genius

Your love life...my head now hurts!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I KNOW, BOND!

And then my *last* ex? The long distance? Guess who introduced me to him? Ex husband #2!!!

I want out of Oregon if for no other reason that it is not a healthy relationship petrie dish

Ed & Jeanne said...

I was in Nome...I never saw him. I find it ironic too that the Door's biggest hit wasn't written by him...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Which song, VE? I confess I never really payed much attention. Light My Fire? Robby nailed that one. It is also my least favorite Doors song.

I love Jim if for no other reason than Rimbaud and Baudelaire and Blake are amoung my favorite poets and Jim is like a bizarre love child of the three.

John Holland said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I have read No One Gets Our of Here Alive. I hate to say that I don't like the Doors. I've always thought that they were very over rated and can really only listen to a few of their songs. Sorry.

Mimi Lenox said...

I have absolutely no idea what you just said and I read it twice. But when I realized that #2 introduced you to the last ex...! I realized I've been doing this all wrong. For that matter, you could open your own dating site and never leave the family! I could blog it! Or you could do what I am tempted to do 3x a day -
MOVE FAR FAR AWAY.

There's something in that water don't cha' know?

Cinnamon Girl said...

It really does need a flow chart. It's ridiculously incestous.

Travis Cody said...

I was never quite a fan of The Doors. But I do thank Robby Krieger for Light My Fire, because Jose Feliciano's cover is one of the all time seduction songs.

statcounter