Ok I am offically hooked on a Metro Station song. Kidlet is a freakin dance music crack pusher. Totally. Metro Station is Miley Cyrus's tattooed brothers bad. Gimme blatant sexual innuendo with a killer hook and a synth over that Disney Kinder Whore any day.
I made a totally awesome cringe worthy mix tape for New Years.
Fluffy!
I call it the "I Did It For The LOLZ" mix. It pretty much consists of songs that might make me drunk Karaoke.
Confucius says Corn Dog may not be the same as a New York Steak, but still tasty.
Quit Playing Games With My Heart - The Backstreet Boys
Shake It - Metro Station
20th Century Boy - Placebo
Dreamin - Blondie
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
It's Gonna Be Me - NSYNC
Mother We Just Can't Get Enough - New Radicals (I totally need this album)
Toxic - Britney Spears. Yeah that's right, BRITNEY FREAKIN SPEARS
My Sharona - The Knack
Bye Bye Bye - NSYNC
Damn You Look Good And I'm Drunk - Cobra Starship
As Long As You Love Me - The Backstreet Boys
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Tearin Up My Heart - NSYNC
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
I Want It That Way - The Backstreet Boys
Walk Away - Kelly Clarkson
Larger Than Life - The Backstreet Boys
I Want You Back - NSYNC
Guilty Pleasure - Cobra Starship
It's so very.
Gonna work 12 today and then we are going to watch movies. Sunday I am NOT working. Not sure what we are doing after that. Chillin. Hopefully. Cause next week is gonna be a looooooong week for me. I need the clams. The loot. The Booty.
I leave you with another selection from the LOLZ. There will be other Journey vids coming up. Starting Monday I am going to post a multiple part look back on Starr's European Vacation circa 1985. It will totally contain TMI ;)
13 comments:
My goodness. There is some ... uhh ... interesting music on that "mix" CD.
Can't wait for the European Vacation stories.
...everybody dance now...
I made another that is heavy on the Bloodhound Gang and Blink 182 as well. That one gets the looks at a stop light, let me tell you.
The Euro stories are set to start on Monday. Part 1 is written. I have to go down to the garage and start rummaging around. Somewhere down there are all my diaries from 1981 to 1989 and my trip journal from that trip.
You put the "eek!" in eclectic.
Remember my motto, Desert.
"I'm not weird, I'm quirky!"
You mean there are radio stations that actually play stuff like that? I couldn't take more than a couple of seconds of it. Just not my thing I guess.
Steve Perry and Journey were a fanastic group that took a lot of shit for being commercial. Gee. You get money and you sell music. I always thought that was the point. I know when my son's band breaks out So Long Davey
(I truly believe they will) he won't quibble with people who said he went commercial.
Oh yeah Trav, Metro Station is very popular with the teen crowd. I love dance music, period. If it makes me wanna shake it, I like it =)
Bud - There will always be a certain mind set amoung what I call the music snob. Not a snob like I am in that I know a LOT about a LOT of music, but a snob in that elitist sense. NOTHING pisses me off more than the "they sold out" bullshit.
It's this narcicisstic concept that if music is loved by the "great unwashed" that somehow these asshats feel their intellectual superiority is challenged.
I truly think there are people who like CRAP FUCKING MUSIC that is totally self indulgent on the artists part(yes Thom I am looking at you) simply because they think it makes them look smarter and more refined than the rest of us.
Fuck them. I'll prop my 168 IQ up against them any day of the week.
Grr. Can you tell that subject gets me? I'll leave the last word to David Lowery of Cracker (and that beloved indie band Camper Van Beethoven) to sum it up,
"All these cats with holey jeans,
Dirty hair and titty rings
Say "what's your scene man?
we got these questions...
Is it true that you have sold your soul?"
I say "hey man, i don't know
Lend me a quarter won't you?
I'll call my accountant."
Starr-
We are so on the same page. I have listened to the "sold out" shit since the first Jethro Tull album. Give me a fucking break. Another one was Tom Petty. I own their first two albums before Damn the Torpedos launched them. The weren't all that good. Tom Petty meanwhile, still kicks ass...
Oh Petty is AWESOME. And yes his later more commercially successful albums are my favorite. You Wreck Me is one of my all time favorite songs ever. Refugee got all the press but Here Comes My Girl is my favorite from Damn the Torpedos.
Johnny Ramone was a Republican who was never happy that the Ramones never made bank. And I fucking dare anyone to claim the Ramones sold out ;)
Well, call yourself "quirky," but I am willing to forgive some of your musical tastes for the overall body of work.
I like a LOT of different kinds of music which means I am bound to like something that someone else doesn't. But it's all good, people should like what they like! Now Kidlet has near identical tastes in music as I do. Although she has a thing for parody crap that I only find amusing in small doses. Like Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep. That kinda thang.
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this mix tape track listing....don't hate me plz!
I will be so happy if I can find the animated LOL of Edward and Harry Potter set to Mickey Avalon's "My Dick". I swear, that song just makes everything better! I saw it, forgot to swipe OR bookmark it, and now I can't find it again!
Post a Comment