Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #29 - There She Goes Again

I have an HORRID song stuck in my head. Europe...The Final Countdown. GAH! Help me!! But of course it did give me the idea for this TT. Enjoy folks! Here we have some of my all time most favorite 80's 1 Hit Wonders.

Walking On Sunshine - Katrina And The Waves







99 Luft Ballons - Nena







Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles







Da Da Da - Trio







Mickey - Toni Basil







Word Up - Cameo







Something About You - Level 42





Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners







Forever Young - Alphaville







I Melt With You - Modern English







You Spin Me Right Round - Dead Or Alive







Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw







There She Goes - The La's (first in 88 then released as a rerecorded single in 90 and hands down my favorite on this list.)










23 comments:

Paco Belle said...

Well, I was going to go to bed early this evening, but I just had to pop in and see what was new on your side. And then I saw it...perhaps one of the greatest video compilations ever! Wow, I am going to need to watch the Da Da Da video at least a couple more times, and The Buggles?! Wow, kudos x 10 for this post! Watching these takes me back to the rip-roarin' 80's! I miss those days every now and then. Thanks for the dose of nostalgia.

Yuriko said...

Brings back lotsa memories! :)

Desert Songbird said...

Dang - Who doesn't like 99 Luft Balloons?

My daughter's dance class did a routine to "Hey Mickey" a few years back. It was so dang cute! I'll have to dig up the video and post that, just for you!

My fave on this list - "Something About You." But Level 42 had at least one more hit; I liked "Lessons in Love."

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Wow. 99 Luft Balloons.

You did some serious research on this one and came up with some great stuff. It's funny to look back at the haircuts and the clothes these folks wore!

Darla said...

Oooh, great memories! But WHY is "You Spin Me Right Round" the one that's now stuck in my head???

Believer in Balance said...

I love Come on Eileen! Of course I always think of that joke: What's worse than Grease on Olivia Newton John, Come on Eileen. Sorry, had to do it.

Schmoop said...

Melt With You is a great tune. Cheers!!

the Book of Keira said...

You Spin Me Right Round is one of the greatest songs ever written...LOL

Country Dawn said...

Ah I remember finding out what Mickey was REALLY about...! :x

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Wow. Thank you. I haven't heard some of those in ages...

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. I only remember one of those.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I *do* listen to the 80s station on XM, but I'd totally forgotten about Level 42. I'd liked that song, too.

I still love Forever Young and I'll Melt With You. In some ways, I refuse to grow up.

DMM said...

OMG I L O V E the 80s thanks for sharing. Who doesn't think YouTube is the greatest invention? Thank you Al Gore for the internet - HA

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Now why'd you have to go and tell me Dead or Alive was a one-hit wonder? I liked a bunch of their songs!

BTW....have you seen Pete lately? I want to cry over what used to be.

Travis Cody said...

I knew I would regret it, but I just couldn't stop myself. I clicked on Da Da Da.

And of course, that's going to be with me all night.

I've only myself to blame.

**sigh**

Anonymous said...

This is so great. It's so funny how T13s sometimes echo each other; this is the third list of music videos and I am bookmarking them ALL. this is my favorite so far---it's been years since I've seen "Come on Eileen."

Anonymous said...

PS. I've bookmarked this in delicious for later consumption (and sharing) while I zip through some other T13's.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I actually have each and every one of theses songs. Oh and Susan, Melt With You is a great song, but my favorite of Modern English is Hands Across The Sea

Miss Frou Frou said...

Oh I still love Mickey - guaranteed to get friends and I dancing like loons! Da Da Da is used for an ad for rice crackers here... drives me mental!

Great TT!

Sparky Duck said...

My gaia, that Alphaville song is so freaking great. Gonna boot up Itunes to get a hold of it. And Reel Big Fish do a great cover of 99 Luft Balloons

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK, now I get blasted...we had this conversation the other day....In my mind the 80's is the black hole of music....

:::ducks and runs for cover:::

Cinnamon Girl said...

Phht...I will refrain from old fart comments :P

Cinnamon Girl said...

Blogger sucks, btw. That is all.

statcounter