Friday, January 18, 2008

All Dressed Up Like A Switchblade Knife

Ok this sleeping in is messing with me. I get more sleep and I forget more things. What is up with that? Left Kidlets guitar leaning against the wall in my hallway. Now poor Kidlet and my Mom have to rush to get it and deal with the alarm. Doh.

But I do seem to notice that the extra sleep and the lack of working 50+ hour weeks has left me feeling more...present. Hard to describe, as rested or awake is not quite what I am looking for. More like, "oh wow look at the world!" Which is pretty frickin sad. 6 years of working over 2300 hours a year will wear ya down. At this rate, by July I will be working on May - if we are really f'in lucky- and I will be in school. The fact that I had to cancel my summer trip bites, but in the end the trade off of school now and quit sooner makes it worth it. Life moves fast, as the commercial likes to say and kidlet is already half way through 7th grade. Graduation will be here sooner than it appears and then, oh happy days, I can move. Hopefully Atlanta won't be out of water by then :P

This weekend, Kidlet is going with my mom to a pearl show while I hang with Gramps and then Kidlet and my dad are reviewing for her math final. Then we hit the mall (eek) for a wee bit of slacks and shirts shopping. Other than that, I think my weekend looks like one thing...laundry. Oh JOY!

And now, I present Foxboro Hot Tubs - Mother Mary for your listening pleasure. There is no video, cause if there was it would give away their super secret squirrel identity...Green Day. C'mon guys, give us an album already!

8 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Wait a minute ... Foxboro Hot Tubs are really Green Day?

Come on...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yuppers, but ya gotta pinky swear to tell NO ONE!

I love the songs, but the fact that I can't buy an album is making me irked. Much like U2, Green Day needs to park it and record already. I am getting tired of waiting!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you get to move to Atlanta! I will come visit you all the time! (please don't avoid me now!)

Schmoop said...

It's such a catchy and kitchy tune. Cheers Starr!!

Sparky Duck said...

What your math skills are lacking??

Cinnamon Girl said...

I hate math Sparky. LOATHE it in fact. I got close to 1500 on my SATS. 800 of that was the verbal :P

Cinnamon Girl said...

Belle you better come visit me. And RWA and Bond better as well. It is not like I am gonna show up in Hotlanta knowing a ton of folks!

the Book of Keira said...

Ugh! You have reminded me that I have a shitload of laundry to do.

statcounter