Friday, July 18, 2008

Chillin in Arkham with Mister J.

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets are purchased, have to wait until Sunday..gah... at 3:05 pm. Kidlet and I will be at the theater by 145 to get in line. Been waiting over a year for this movie and while watching Heath is going be hard cause man his death really fucked with me, but I have been waiting to see him in this role since they announced it. And Christian Bale had me at Empire of the Sun.

SO EXCITED!







Note if you are not a Comic Geek and are not familiar with the story of Harvey Dent, this one has a spoiler at the end of it, so be forwarned.

18 comments:

John Holland said...

I can't wait to see this movie either. Comic book movies have really reached the big time, just this summer there was Iron Man, Hulk, Hellboy and now Batman.

Anonymous said...

Saw it last night. Very, very good. Heath is the man.

Cinnamon Girl said...

It is a great year John! And Hatter I am jealous. I wanted to go last night but our days swapped and I wanna take kidlet.

Oh and I am hearing that they are going to be doing An Avengers and Justice League!

I am a comic geek :P

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I said this already, but I'll say it again. In my mind, this is the BEST of the superhero movies to date. All of them.

And Heath Ledger's performance lives up to all of the hype as well.

I'm sure you and Kidlet will enjoy it. I'll be going back to see it again sometime this week.

Cinnamon Girl said...

We are pretty jazzed, RWA. Batman is my all time favorite of the Superhero comics.

Dianne said...

Heath's passing me upset me too Starr.

Have a great time at the movie. I don't know why but I never got into any of the Super Hero stuff but I am going to see this movie to see Heath's performance.

Anonymous said...

Heath was so good I forgot he was Heath. He really was the Joker. It isn't until the very end that he says a certain something that the reality of his being gone settles in. Otherwise, Bale is superb; the ensemble cast is superb. I really loved the first Batman, and its a classic, but I think this one brings so much more to the table. I'm not gonna say anymore because those who don't know the comics will actually be surprised. For those who do know, you'll still love it. And if you get a chance, see it on IMAX. I didn't get to because the tickets are sold out for two weeks for that one.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yup Hatter our IMAX was sold out too. RWA up there saw it in IMAX and kidlet and I are planning to see it in IMAX in a couple weeks. I love the comics, and by that I mean the OLD comics, back when it was dark and grim and, well, kinda Nolanesque!

Anonymous said...

So you're going to wait for IMAX? A normal theater will do, for sure. I just got back from seeing it for the second time; that should hold me over until IMAX.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

The IMAX version is outstanding. I don't think I would wait to see the IMAX version, but I would definitely see it.

It was strange today. I came across "A Knight's Tale" on television, and I just couldn't believe that was the same actor who played The Joker.

Heath Ledger's performance in "The Dark Knight" just impressed me beyond belief.

Travis Cody said...

We decided to wait until next weekend to see it. I hope you enjoy it!

Beth said...

Hey! Hope you enjoy the flick! Should I tell you now how it ends! Ha! I haven't seen it, but Michael Keeton IS Batman!! I heard Heath was amazing!

The Gal Herself said...

I know you saw my post already and you know I loved the movie. But I'm jealous of you. I'm not a Bat-fan. But I bet YOU will more than love the sly (not campy) humor, the serious themes about the nature of heroism and evil, the absence of Katie Holmes ... If I were you, I'd be thrilled to see characters I know and care about get such serious and authentic treatment.

Christo Gonzales said...

starlight not so bright why dont you smell my balls tonight...

http://alittlebitofchristo.blogspot.com/2008/07/mo-green.html

sycophant that you are

Cinnamon Girl said...

*yawn*

I do like your lame ass attempt to promote your blog with your insulting comments. It shows spunk.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Gal - We just got back and it was wonderful. It stopped being a comic book movie and by virtue of that it was was truer to the original comics. Loved it!

RWA - You were totally right on this one. And now we have to see it in IMAX.

Schmoop - I liked Keaton actually, but that was more campy bat than dark knight =)

Trav - GO!

Schmoop said...

Hey Starr. Hope you guys had a blast. I didn't realize that you were one, a sycophant, and two, a ball sniffer. Man the things I learn.

Sycophant...HA...Yeah like somebody is EVER gonna tell you what to say or do, or whose ass to kiss. Amazing, Jeez. Cheers Starr!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

That's me, the teabag queen ;)

statcounter