Monday, June 25, 2007

The Drugs Don't Work

*cringes*

I hate migraines. I particularly hate them when they ebb and peak and ebb and peak. I can throw enough drugs at it to get it down to the Just A Bad Headache level but the fucker comes back. Either that or I am having the rebound headache from hell. I have no Midrin and I have no motivation to go steal some from Mom.

Ex's GF is supposed to come pick kidlet up but I have attempted to get in touch with them and save her a trip. I am going to have to go to the store later one, and I might as well take kidlet then. We are both still fried from Rocky.

It was a shit ton o' fun though. Kidlet got de-virginized in classic RHPS fashion and the cast were fun. Not a lot of audience props participation which really, frankly, sucked. Why go to Rocky and not bring props? The lines have not changed much but the Ex BF variety would be pleased to know that the "bannister is lucky" line has migarted north since I last saw Rocky.

Oh and did we have a row of clueless twats sitting behind us. I am amazed no one had to post bail for me. It is funny as hell to watch the 18-22 year old crowd. Trying so hard to appear so jaded.

Alrighty, I am off to make the rounds of my blogroll and get more coffee in me. I should eat, I really should, but I am just not feeling it with food yet =(

7 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I'm sorry, but how can you to a showing of Rocky and NOT have toast and newspapers and, and...oy!

Glad you got to show those young twats how it's done!

Cinnamon Girl said...

It was really really sad. They sat their the whole time proclaiming their "bi-ness" over and over until I was about ready to tell the to put their money where their mouths are and prove it. I think it is a bit rude to turn sexual preferences into a fad. That and they were just fucking stupid :P

Travis Cody said...

I'm with y'all. It makes no sense to go to Rocky Horror without the tools to do the show justice.

As for migraines...I'm with you today. I caught mine early enough that it didn't blow up and lay me flat. In fact, I would have thought it was a simple tension headache if it weren't for the dizziness and nausea that came with it.

But the good news is that this is my second for the year. If the pattern holds, there's only one left to go.

Desert Songbird said...

I used to get migraines quite a bit, but since my PH diagnosis and my clotting disorder diagnosis, I don't get them anymore. Must be all of the drugs I'm on, most especially the anticoagulants. I'm sure that helps the most. Rat poison - who knew?

Dammit, Janet!

Sparky Duck said...

did you throw toast, bread, or whatever it is?

you need to try a cold cloth on the back of your head for migraines.

Jansky T said...

Here in the great town of Cincinnati, you aren't allowed to bring props to RHPS. In fact, I'm not even sure if (or where) RHPS is even available in the city anymore.

Yeah, no toast, newspapers, squirt guns, flashlights, noisemakers, or rice.

I've never experienced RHPS any other way.

the Book of Keira said...

Man it has been a long time since me and the Queens went to Rocky. I need to get back on the horse...lol.

statcounter