Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Your Love Is Better Than Chocolate

Totally posting with our rhyme or reason today. Slept well but woke up weirded out which you know means I had fucked up dreams and mercifully don't remember them. Which is good. I like a good internal defense mechanism.

Guess what I found out yesterday? The Clinton Street Theater is doing Rocky Horror Picture Show as all ages again! Oh Happy Days! That means that this Saturday night I will be doing the Timewarp again with my little lampshade wearing Rocky virgin daughter. Who is, I might add, TOTALLY beside herself at the prospect of seeing it in a theater. RHPS is her all time favorite movie.



I was also thrilled to see that the newest Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum book is out and I have a coupon that means I can get it for 14 bucks! Hells yeah.

Speaking of Hell, watched Hell's Kitchen last night and I am totally rooting for the Waffle House chicka from Atlanta. Biased I am.

And on a final note, I would like to say that I have found both Meaning and A Message over at Bagwine. And a scary picture. Go say Hi to Matt and make him feel relevant, mmk?

19 comments:

Anndi said...

Sounds like you and the Kidlet are going to have a rip-roaring good time!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yes we are. She is so excited. Now if only it were still possible to get gyro's from Satyricon...


I miss my youth!

DMM said...

I love Hell's Kitchen - when I'm having a bad day he makes dealing with my job look like a carnival ride.

Enjoy the show!!

Sparky Duck said...

yep, I am so so so so so not surprised that you are a Rocky Horror Freak.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Get this, my DAD is the person who first took me to Rocky.

When I was a freshman in high school, I was further corrupted by two seniors guys at my high school who got me further into RHPS as well as saving me from a lifetime of Top 40 listening with the tapes they gave me and instructed me to listen too. I owe them!

Desert Songbird said...

Rocky Horror - oh the joys! I adore Tim Curry in all things.

Your dad, huh? I'm impressed. You must have very young parents.

I have a post rattling around in my head, but I'm procrastinating, ya know...

Schmoop said...

Why thank ya Starr for the relevance shout out. I was starting to feel so...um...er...irrelevant. Boy, do I have command of the English language or what? Cheers Baby!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Desert - Yup they were like 21 and 22 when I was sprung forth in all my glory. And I would remind you to post, but I am not feeling it. Can I remind you in like...an hour?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Any time Matt. That picture just screams cult leader ;)

Desert Songbird said...

Yeah, but Matty shoulda used the Tarantino-esque photo that Bond dubbed up...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yah think? I don't know I like the clean lines and minimalistic look of the robe and smoke...

Sparky Duck said...

Less is always more. Though in my twisted world less Rocky is so much more, but I am listening to Dru Hill right now, so how can i be a critic?

thethinker said...

I've never seen Hell's Kitchen but I did see a commercial for it yesterday. I might start watching every week.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Thinker - You would like it, my brainy friend. You appreciate sarcasm! Any word on the job?

Sparky, you *are* more more more :p

Desert Songbird said...

No, I like the clean-shaven Matt-Man myself, but I thought Bond's rendition was pretty funny.

Come see me - I'm throwing you some love!

Cinnamon Girl said...

It's official, Desert Songbird RULES!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Sparky it is about time you made it over to Matts!

Travis Cody said...

It's been ages since I went to Rocky Horror. Oh the memories.

Sudiegirl said...

It's always better to see RHPC in the theater...it's not the same at home.

statcounter