Today was the suck. And that's all I have to say about that. Moving on...I have been tagged by Kyra over at The 108th and by Missy Frou Frou. More bizarre shit about moi incoming :P
First up from Miss Frou is the Wiki Birthday Meme!
Here are the rules: You go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (only month & day). Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and then you tag 5 friends.
February 8th
3 Events
421 - Constantius III becomes Co-Emperor of The Western Roman Empire
1587 - Mary Queen of Scots was executed at suspicion of having been involved in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I of England.
1855 - The Devil's Footprints mysteriously appear in Southern Devon.
2 Births
Lana Turner
James Dean
1 Holiday
Nirvana Day
Tags for both of these following the next meme!
There are five slots in the meme list.... as you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.
Freelance Cynic
Are We There Yet?
Maggie Moo
108th
Starrlight
Tagging These Folks... The All Boy Meme!
Matt-Man
Bond
Sparky
Kevin
Travis
Then answer these questions!
1.What were you doing 10 years ago?
-10 years ago I had a daughter who was just over 2 and in that horrifying "can I send it back" phase that no one tells you about. Terrible two's my ass. It started towards the end of two and went on to 3. I was just changing jobs from one department to another at Kaiser and was just beginning the fun roller coaster ride of health problems that I deal with to this day. Oh also, ex husband beginning to be a bit distant. It was fuckin fun. Yeah.
2.What were you doing 1 year ago?
Pretty much the same as I am right now. It's not a fun day for me for personal reasons and I tend to be pissy. Today is no exception and it is not looking like it is getting better. Let's go visit last year on this day shall we?
3. Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Cereal and soy milk
2. New York Cheddar Kettle Chips
3. White cheddar popcorn
4. Apples
5. Yogurt and blueberries sweetened with grapenuts. Odd, I know.
4. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. Rocky Raccoon - The Beatles
2. The Entire Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack (fuh duh)
3. Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
4. Any U2 song ever recorded
5. Strange Fruit - Billie Holiday
5. Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. College and/or bail for Kidlet's future.
2. Travel. Spend as much time in the south until as possible until such
time as I could move permanently.
3. Pay off my bills and set up an annuity to live off of.
4. Quit my job and work for an NGO for free. Offer to sharpen pencils at
One.org if need be.
5. Set up family member and the ex husband so we are all flying in comfort.
No sense being greedy!
6. Five bad habits:
1. Intentionally shocking vanilla types with outrageous behavior. Sue me. It
makes me giggle.
2. Cursing - but I do it well.
3. Drinking outrageous amounts of coffee. That was Kyra's answer. It is mine
as well. Coinkydink? You be the judge!
4. Procrastination. Um yeah.
5. Giving people way too many fucking chances.
7. Five things you like doing:
1. Writing
2. Reading
3. Driving with the Kidlet in the car with tunes blasting
4. Going to the airport
5. Going to book and record stores
8. Five things you would never wear again:
1. Gitano anything
2. Bell Bottoms
3. A wedding dress
4. Pretty much my entire wardrobe circa 1985
5. Regular nylons. Thigh highs rock.
9. Five favorite toys:
1. Anything that requires batteries
2. Online Solitaire
3. Trivial Pursuit
4. My Laptop
5. The ex boyfriend variety. What can I say, he was fun.
17 comments:
I think I got tagged for this twice! I'll work on it over the weekend.
Cheers!
Uhm...batteries?? My mind just went straight to the gutter. Heehee!!
Great, more work. Dusty Springfield singing Son of a Preacher Man is one the sexiest vocal performances EVER!! Cheers...
well heck, I have been tagged for these memes already. Though I have not done the birthday one as of yet.
as for you, you cant tell me you know every single word to every single U2 song.
mmmm thigh highs do rock!
batteries, yes I will behave
Pretty much Sparky. Well Zooropa and Pop are my weak points, although I know every boom cha in discotheque! But the rest of them? Oh yeah. Heck even the b sides!
OK, the fourth member of the All-Boy Meme checking in... so both of these huh? Well Okey Dokey Ms. Starr... I love the messing with the vanillas...hehehehe it can be fun....
Vanilla wrasslin' is fun! All Boy MeMe sounds pornographic too.
even the B side of Boy?
OMG yes! Boy is a favorite. The Electric Co, A Day Without Me, Shadows and Tall Trees....oh yeah.
Honey I have been a die hard U2 fan since that fateful day in 1981 when I first heard them in a punk record shop. 26 years is a long time to have to learn all those lyrics ;0
For me, it was a bootleg recording of "11:00 Tick Tock" smuggled out of Ireland and played on an alternative rock radio station in South Florida, Fall 1980. Edge had me with those chords, and Bono? Well, you know...
Batteries eh? :)
well, now I feel musically stunted. While I have been catching up with my U2 archives with the Ipod. I was first struck with Joshua Tree. But, Wide Awake in America live, OMFG
Want to hear funny? Bono considers the lyrics to Bad to be less than great. Joshua Tree is the one U2 album I would have to have if I could only have one, but Achtung Baby is the best =)
And yes, batteries. And yes, I meant it like that!
Yeah, but that live version of "Bad" on "Wide Awake in America?" THE BEST live recording of just about any song ever recorded. And this was from a deejay who wasn't even a U2 devote' like moi.
100% agree Desert. Bad in pretty much any form is goosebump inducing. I was lucky enough to hear it live during the JT tour =)
and I could have sworn the Wide Awake version was recorded in Philly. I know either one of you will tell me if i am wrong.
The Wide Awake version of Bad? that was recorded in Birmingham England Nov 12 of 84. The laugh of it being that the songs were all recorded in the UK :P
Post a Comment