Friday! How do I love thee, let me count the ways. Why I actually give a shit when I work most weekends is beyond me. I suppose it is my pathetic attempt at being a "joiner."
Having coffee and reading the entertainment news. I see that yet another asshat is suing Borat the Movie. This time it is the running, hand waving, shrieking guy who totally came off as a massive homophobe trying to get away from being hugged. He is suing because they made money on his embarrassment. Psst.... here is a hint for you Jeffrey, you look like a bigger pussy now that you filed a lawsuit than you did in the movie. And that is saying something. GG!!
July is shaping up all social like. That includes of course the Social Distortion concert on July 13. Kidlet is totally beside herself. She was made to wear her Social D T-shirt inside out at school due to the Dancing Skelly having a martini glass and cigarette. She wisely decided to hold off wearing my other Social D Pin Up T-shirt cause I think the boobies might totally freak out the straights.
Later in July we are heading to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival to see The Tempest and Romeo and Juliet. I love Shakespeare. Love him to bits. So much so, that my daughter is named after one of his characters. Nobody better bring up that whole Kit Marlowe crap or I will have to beat you with a limp noodle.
Here is a question for you to all ponder. How different are you today from when you were say, 16? I had the most vivid dreams last night about my trip to Europe in 85. It was damn freaky! They were not just fond memory dreams either. I dreamed things that actually did happen and with a level of detail that I couldn't achieve while being awake. The funny part is, that in my dream inhabiting my 16 year old self didn't feel any different that being my 38 year old self. Hell I would still get jacked up on Cuba Libra's and dance on tables to Born In The USA to this day. Ahh, Florence =)
1 comment:
You know, my Olivia was also named from Shakespeare :-)
Post a Comment