Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Coming Up Only To Hold You Under

*To my Republican friends - Look away! I am talking Democratic politics. I don't want to bore y'all!*

Ok here is my beef with Obama. Voting present cause something is not perfect. Not taking a stand on making people have health care cause it is not perfect. I have a nasty little feeling that the man will be unable to shit or get off the pot if something is NOT perfect. I hesitate to use the whole black and white thing since apparently the whole race issue has stupidly arise (mostly cause folks are looking it) but Dude...fucking grey exists. There are going to be times where you are going to have to make the best of a two less than perfect choices. NOT making a decision is not a choice it is a cop out. I feel like I have been sold a vision of America that is lovely but fuzzy.

I hate to say it but damn, this is a fairy tale. A beautiful, kumbayah, love the one you're with fairy tale. Change sounds great. Now FUCKING DEFINE IT. Grr.

Sorry. My people are frustrating me.

I still like Edwards. I have always liked Edwards. He is the only thing that made Kerry palatable to me in 04 and that was tall order. His pot shot at Hillary for the tearing up pissed me off, but unlike Obama I am capable of looking at the bigger picture. I gotta say I like Hillary more now than I did 6 months ago. And I like Obama too, but I have concerns that he may not be able to walk the walk and the damage that could cause to equality is huge.

On the other hand, like Bill Clinton said, we are currently having a campaign with a woman, a black man, a Mormon, and minister. That is pretty damn diverse and I do think King would have been proud. Even if the Mo and Min scare the shit out of me :P

Now then. I have burned the hell out of my mouth on my mini quiche. I need some form of dessert to comfort me.

Wolf Blitzer annoys me. "So poor, So black" Oy.

Ok..."Abilify" as the name of a bipolar drug? Who is naming drugs these day? It makes you more able to... That be stupid.

Sorry, that was a mental lane change :P

It is bitterly cold here and looks to be that way the rest of the week. And yet, I want ice cream. What's up with that?

9 comments:

Schmoop said...

I agree with almost everything you have said, with the exception of Edwards, not a big fan.

I thought H-Rod did pretty well last night. And Blitzer, go away. Go far, far away. Cheers Starr!!

Desert Songbird said...

It's a wonder that you and like each other. I tend to be a waffler and a non-commitalist. I do, however, take a strong stand on some issues; it's just that I'm not as vocal or adamant as other people. I tend to sit back, observe, and gather facts rather than charge headlong.

I guess I'm just a wuss most of the time.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh I am all for fact gathering, Desert. Without it you get jackasses like Bush in office with his WMD fantasy. I just think that once you have them the hem'in and the haw'in need to stop. At some point in time "deciding" becomes inertia.

Matt I know you don't like Edwards. I actually do like him although I found the sexism that reared it's head a while back highly annoying. I have always maintained I would no vote for someone merely cause they have a uterus but the bullshit games could piss me off enough to change my mind. If I hear one more hiding behind a skirt comment I may smack someone.

Take the chancellor of Germany. She looks like if you tried to hide behind her skirt she'd kick your ass.

Desert Songbird said...

Agreed. I've been bitten by the inertia bug, and it's bugging me 'cause now I'm staring at my primary early ballot, and I STILL don't know for whom to cast my my vote.

the Book of Keira said...

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again... I think elections should be held anonymously with each candidate being given a number. This way we can keep names and colr and sex and everything out of it and people choose their president based on issues.

What flavor of ice cream?

Cinnamon Girl said...

I had pistachio, Kyra. What I really wanted was the marscapone lemon pinenut gelato from New Seasons.

I feel you Desert. I can be happy with any of the top 3 but I am going back and forth. I love Obama when he talks unity, but I am freakin out when he talks policy.

A Free Man said...

I liked Edwards as well, but I worked out early that he didn't have a chance. I think that Obama is the best hope for the Dems this time. Clinton will just bring out so much rage from the right, not to mention a potential third party challenge from the left, that we give the GOP a chance of winning when they really shouldn't have one.

A scary prospect is the way things are headed - McCain vs. Clinton. Then you lose a lot of independent minded Dems (myself included) to the G.O.P. candidate. If you want to win in '08 I would suggest casting a primary vote for Obama.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I hear you on the Clinton issue, Chris. I like Obama, but I have yet to really hear him talk policy other than the Let's Unite stuff. Which sounds great but where does that leave us in the morning?

Primary wise, I live in Oregon. Ours are in May. Pretty damn pointless.

Sparky Duck said...

I will back and love Edwards now, even right him in if he is gone by the time the PA primary comes around.

I will vote Democratic, probably. Most of the other side skeeves me more then I could ever like them. I will look into Paul or Bloomberg if they run and maybe just maybe consider McCain, but that will pass quickly I am sure.

Unless of course Edwards wins

statcounter