Ah...American Idol (or the show who's name we do not speak if you are Bond) time has arrived. This year they PROMISE to spend more time on the contestants and less on the foo foo guests. Last year was just...bleh. I didn't care much about anyone and I thought Jordan and Blake borderline. Last contestant I felt it with was Chris Daughtry. Got that one right, if I do say. Let's hope it has more oomph than last year.
Wow...Band of Horse - The Funeral is in the Ford Edge commercial. Featured them in my top 13 songs of 07 but I used Is There A Ghost. It was a toss up.
Simon and Randy are offering up Paula to Borat. Who is singing "Mr. The Bee Gees." How appropriate is it that we start off immigrant bashing in the City of Brotherly Love.
Ouch. I can not quite tell if that guy was really having that many ESL issues or if he is doing the Borat thing on purpose. Ok now they just laughed at some kid I am pretty sure has some sort of jaw or palate defect or repair. That was uncomfortable. I sure hope they try to be less mean cause last year it was played just a bit too much for "kick the cripple" laughs if you know what I mean. To be fair, it was Paula and Randy laughing while Simon just looked uncomfortable.
I have no problem with them mocking the fuck out of the delusional narcissist or the ones that obviously are doing it for 15 minutes of fame or those that think they are all that and a bag of chips, but laughing at immigrants and folks with birth defects is just not fun. We have a presidential election coming up for those kinds of cheap mean laughs :P
Alright off to enjoy the spectacle. Anyone who watches Idol can not make comments about the Romans and their Colosseum.
8 comments:
I don't do Idol. Never could, never will.
Not a big fan but I agree on your humor critique. Cheers Starr!!
I don't watch "American Idol," but if they're doing the things you have described, I would agree that that's not appropriate or necessary.
I got into Idol during the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice season and I love Bo. The last two seasons I have been kinda "eh" on them. Last years frankly sucked. At least the year before we got to watch Chris Daughtry get voted off and then go on to have a massive selling album in 07. I found that amusing.
So far they don't seem as mean as they did last year and they are concentrating more on the good singers, including a cute little Oregon girl who sounds like she could sing rings around Carrie Underwood.
You make valid points. It's not as though contestants randomly go before the judges. Producers send them to their deaths...
I'm not watching these beginning weeks. I've never found it entertaining or amusing to watch people embarrass themselves.
If there is talent this season, I will watch. But there are only two former finalists of interest to me, Taylor and Bo. I don't follow anyone else.
I just want to point out that the idiots and freaks were not Philadelphia natives. Of course, some of the best singers on day 1 were not from Philly either, but I pay attention more to point one
Awww, sure, Sparky. All the natives were totally normal.
Just like you ;)
Post a Comment