Bob Dylan with Starbucks, Vicky's Titties, and Cadillac. Ok fine, Bob gets a pass. He's paid his dues for decades. Still wigs me out but I will forgive and try to forget. But the trend continues in a most disturbing way.
Violent Femmes as a hamburger theme song (did they miss the lines "big hands I know you're the one) made me giggle almost as much as I did when The Great White Hope (Ronald Reagan) used the term "songs of hope" to describe Springsteen's Born In The USA. Born down in a dead man's town....
Higher still on the WTF scale is the odd use of Iggy's Lust For Life for a cruise ship. Who knew ear fucking was a water sport? I laughed with glee at the Oasis/BIG PHONE COMPANY All Around The World. Shot to shit Liam and Noel's holier than thou attitude.
But now...now Rivers has sold out. Island In The Sun for Beaches Resort?!!?
Imperfect Situation
And now Big Salad!
11 comments:
Hope you enjoyed the Bailey's & coffee. I enjoyed my one & only Ink Drop.
It's back to work tomorrow for me!
Happy New Year dear...
May 2008 bring you all you desire and your brain NEVER change..I love the way it works...
DSB- What Be an Ink Drop?
Bond- Why thank you; it's the drugs the parentals took ;)
This entire post was very Dylan-esque. I second what Bond said... do not change your mind. It would crush me.
GOSH! I Blush! Really high praise there Ky. Either that or you just slammed Little Bobby Zimmerman :P
Is "Vicky's Titties" the same thing as Victoria's Secret?
I take it you're not a fan?
Yup RWA. I call it that cause, let's face it, there are NO secrets at Victoria's. Them booosums are on display. And I shop there but I would not call myself a devotee.
Well, music may be the craft but staying true to the craft don't pay the bills.
I dont get it, the Femmes are not going to sell burgers.
I know a guy who looks EXACTLY like Iggy Pop. Cheers!!
Oh lord...what the hell ever happened to commercial jingles?
That's how Barry Manilow got his start, for God's sake! He wrote the original McDonald's jingle as well as the "Band Aids" jingle (I am stuck on band-aids 'cuz Band-Aid's stuck on me).
*sigh*
Post a Comment