Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire

First off, you really must see Superbad. Well providing you do not have a stick lodged in your ass and won't freak out over blow job jokes. This movie was so funny, I very nearly needed Depends. We went to the 7:45 show and Kidlet demanded that we get there early which was a good things since the line to get into it started at 6:45. We were second in line behind a group of teenager metrosexual walking erections. Kinda perfect for the movie, actually. Well except the characters are in no way metrosexual. Except McLovin and his vest.

The movie 100% lived up to the Internet and media hype. And to think they wrote this script when they were 13?!! This is a classic in the American Pie/Porky's tradition but personally I thought it kicked the ass of both of those.

I have to go to the mall again. Skinny beyotch Kidlet (that is a love name...God help me if Kyra's helpful friend were to presume to give me shit about my parenting skillz :P) bought size 6's when we went last weekend. Problem being 6's fit when they are brand new/right out of the dryer. 1 hour later and she is doing the old fart hitching up her pants routine and looks incredibly Short Bus. So those have got to go. Size 4 here we come.

Then it is Fred Meyer time for school supplies and groceries. I am pondering cooking today. Greek dish called Stifado. Pretty much a meat and onion stew that we toss green beans in with. Either that or the classic greek chicken dish Kapama. That is chicken marinaded in lemon and cinnamon and then braised and served with spaghetti with brown butter and greek cheese. Damn...now I am hungry!

10 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Mmmmm...Stifado AND Kapama both sound delicious!

Let me know next time you're cooking!

Travis Cody said...

I just checked - there's no stick up my ass, but these kinds of movies haven't really appealed to me since Dazed and Confused. That kind of put the capper on my willingness to relieve my high school years.

Plus...it was so damn good that any other movie will be hard-pressed to top it.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Funny you should say that Trav we just watched Dazed and Confused last night. Love that movie. But I have to say, for laugh out loudness, Superbad topped it for me.

RWA - I love to cook. The problem is being Greek, I am incapable of not cooking enough to feed an army. So I have to cook things I REALLY like cause I will be eating them for a bit =)

Jonathon Morgan said...

Nice, we'll totally be checking that out. It looks hysterical.

the Book of Keira said...

I want to see that one pretty bad...lol. It looks hysterical! Today I have just watched the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie with MY KIDS. Talk about bad parenting....

but, fuck it.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh it was hysterical.

Any Ky you are going to have to work really hard to out do Rocky Horror Picture show at age 4 :P

tiggerprr said...

Ashlyn wants to see that I think. I still haven't seen Knocked Up. I've been too busy. Maybe I have a stick up my ass, I have no idea how it got there, and it wasn't fun. :(

In the meantime: I've tagged you for a brand new meme. The $50,000 question. I know I've tagged you before...and I'm sorry to do it again so soon, but you're so thoughtful, I just have to see what you'd say.

Barb said...

Here to remind you about Heads Or Tails as requested. :)

Schmoop said...

I for one will not be attending such a film that goes against my high morals and religious beliefs. Cheers!!

Sparky Duck said...

mmmm Fred Meyer had the best generic chocolate sandwich cookies

statcounter