Well it kind of snuck up on me but today is my 2 year blogoversary. Whoo :P
Which makes it all the more sad that I have slacked at blogging lately but the recent kidlet drama pooped me out and frankly I had nuthin. I did get quite a bit of gardening done in the last week though. I live in a townhouse, which in theory has a landscaping crew as I think I have blogged about before, but we can do our own plantings and I have a large back balcony/deck. So I got quite a few summer color spots in and planted some seeds. Still need to do more though. And the back property line has this odd strip of wild grass between the bark walking trail and the lawn. I am going to employ my Grandpa's old trick for beautification. There are whole stretches of the freeways outside of Salt Lake City that have California poppies and bluebells that bloom every year. That is due to Gramps and I taking drives with a big old Folgers can of seeds and letting them fly out the window onto the sides of the highway. We used to do that while out on our trips looking for wild Asparagus and edible greens. You non Greek types would call them weeds :P
Let's see what else do we have. It was blazing hot here the last couple of days. Only in Orygon can you get a high of 55 on Tuesday and a high of 90 on Thursday. So we had record heat Thursday Friday Sat and Sun. Apparently we had a record turn out for Obama at Waterfront park as well. They are projecting some 65000 at the park and of course tons more on boats and outside the perimeter of the main park. While I still am not thrilled at my choices for either Democratic candidate it does make me happy to see so many younger kids out there. I have ALWAYS voted. I never got my peers who acted like they were too cool to vote. WTF... then don't bitch about the government if you don't participate.
This year we get to elect senators too. I am strongly leaning to the gay midget with a hook hand. Yes you read that right. Something about that just tickles me. Talk about Obama and Hillary being a historical candidates! They have both thumbs!
Oh I took kidlet to her first laser light shows on Saturday night. We saw Laser Nirvana and Laser Dark Side Of The Moon. Floyd still owns for Laser shows. She loved it! They have learned a few new tricks since my day. I think that was the first show I have been to where I had NOT had beer prior to admission. And no one lit up in the theater!!! I miss the good old days when you could bribe the tech with a bowl and he'd do double shows and midnight :P
6 comments:
Hey Happy Blogoversary!!!! There was a reason I stopped by!! Where's the parteeee??????
Peace
Thankee Odat =) I am excited cause I just bought tickets to the new Indiana Jones movie Thursday night!
I love your beautification efforts of the highways and byways. Perhaps you could perform your magic around here. All we have are manicured landscapes; I'd rather see the wildflowers.
HAPPY Blogoversary my dear friend...no matter if you post once a day or once a week, i am going to be here to read your words - cause they make me smile.
Wait..what do you mean a laser light show without a doobie? Nah... that can't be right!
Happy Blogiversary! Glad to hear that Kidlet is doing better.
Love, we shine like a burning star...one of the best U2 songs eva! Happy Blogoversary Bytheby!
Post a Comment