Tuesday, May 13, 2008

War, Inc

Hi folks. I am back, semi inspired and hella tired. Sad rhymes to prove it. Kidlet went back to school today and I got to work and found out I am moving cubicles. So I spent today packing and unpacking and now I hurt like hell. Getting ready to watch Idol and so very excited about an upcoming movie!

But first, my brief take on What Happens In Vegas. It's fluff. Not bad fluff but not really well developed fluff. Ashton is charming and very watchable. Cameron played herself and I gotta say, Cam honey the years are starting to show. You might wanna lay off the tanning. Plus her character was just annoying in it. It did feature some damn funny performances by Lake Bell and Cam's best friend Tipper and Rob Corddry as Ashton's best friend/lawyer that were quite fun to watch. Dennis Miller as the judge and Treat Williams as Ashton's dad were also amusing. My advice, wait for DVD. But kidlet wanted to see it and she was the one who was recently treated to the Ginsu knife slice and dice so she got to pick. Go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall instead.

Now then. Who out there is still unclear on the fact that I ADORE John Cusack? Hands down my favorite actor of my generation and the man who gave us the one and only Lloyd Dobler.

So I am totally jazzed about his newest film coming out soon War, Inc. Yes it is political, yes it is satire, yes it is not particularly warm and fuzzy about George Bush and Haliburton, et al. BUT it does it with Hillary Duff dropping a live scorpion down her pants. That, friends and neighbors, sums up what I think will make this different than some of the hamfisted political movies of late. It's not afraid to make you laugh as well as make you thing. And did I mention I LOVE John Cusack? The trailor is below and you can check out John's My Space page
here


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're moving cubicles??????!!!

Jay said...

Some dude also gets to stick his hand down Hillary Duff's pants to pull that scorpion out for her. I should have been an actor. ;-)

Cinnamon Girl said...

LOL Jay =) I had the feeling the guys would like this trailor.

Yes Kidlet she moved me to the back area where all my literature is. I don't mind it will be quiter. I can't handle listening to everyone babble anymore.

Schmoop said...

I am there. I love Cusack too, but the clencher is a legal age Hillary Duff. Woop. Cheers!!

Desert Songbird said...

John Cusack, teamed up with sister Joan, in another black comedy - does it get any better than that?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Nope it does not. And he wrote it with the same team that did Grosse Pointe Blank and the screenplay for High Fidelity.

Cusack ranks as one of the few guys I would marry. Awesome actor and massive Clash fan.

Travis Cody said...

A live scorpion? For real?

And just how many cubicles did you move anyway?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Well technically I have a double cubicle, Trav. And the one I am moving too is being created out of our back literature area. It is a bit smaller square footage wise but has more desk surface space. And it is in the back where it will be blessedly quiet =)

I can blog in peace and quiet...*evil cackle*

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Doggonit...either I'm blind, or the part where the guy puts his hand down Hillary Duff's pants isn't on this trailer!!!!

The part at the end about the ransom demands and LeBron James is funny.

statcounter