Go Cookie! I am thrilled he won and watching this you can tell just how much he wanted it. David's new single that will be released is available for purchase on iTunes and for once the "coronation song" does not suck! Two videos for ya. The first is the announcement of the winner and David singing his new song. The second is his backstage interview right after winning. He is a class act with regards to Little David and the judges.
Backstage Interview
8 comments:
I was pretty surprised that he won. That Archuleta kid bugs me.
Actually I was too Jay. I thought for sure the lame tweenieboppers would hose things. My bad for underestimating America!
Archie was sweet but just not the music I listen too. It was too generic. And Cook has the undeniable "doable" factor ;)
I can honestly and proudly say that I have never - and will never - watch an episode of that show.
There have been two winners and a runner-up from here, and I still don't watch it.
First season I ever watched was the one with Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood. You would like Bo, RWA. He does bonified Southern Rock. I was living with mom while the condo was being built and she has watched from Season 1. I had the same attitude about it but then out comes Bo and he does The Allman's Whipping Post and my jaw hit the floor.
And David Cook is pretty damn good. And so NOT what the winner of American Idol usually is. No manufactured pop and R&B crap. I actually like him better than Chris Daughtry and I love me some Daughtry :P
Wooooooooooooooooo!!!
YAY for DC!
So much better than the singing Mormon, though I will wait to see if Cookie can eclipse Daughtry, who I think is fantastic
It's funny that you mention Bo Bice. He was the runner-up from here.
Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks were both from here too.
Ruben and Taylor didn't really do it for me (sorry Bond!) but I love Bo. His new album he has put out on his own label and if you can find it his old band SugarMoney was great. I acutally bought their CD and sure wish they had let him put that out for his Idol album. I mean damn they let Carrie do country so what would be so hard about marketing a southern rock album. The country fans would buy it fo sho.
Post a Comment