

Yup that is a cradle I would totally rob. The fact that he is wicked smart adds to it. Smart men beat pretty men any day of the week. After his new look around week 9, it was like, "Whoa! Talented AND I wanna throw my panties at him. BONUS!"
And yes, there are two pictures of him up just for my benefit.
I want NO SHIT from the Soul Patrol squad cause I know you have done it too. Well except Trav and Bond, you guys would be fanboys.
That sounds dirty :P
But I totally can see you tossing mental panties. Not necessarily at Taylor. Kat was pretty hawt.
Trav, I have several of David's original songs. His entire solo album in fact and his old band. So holler if you want to hear his original works. And anyone else for that matter.
edit Shocker! Lifelogger actually uploaded it! Silly program.
David Cook - The Truth - Analog Heart
And now onto Indy and the Crystal Skull. I will cut right to the chase. It did not suck. In fact it was pretty damn good. Was it Raiders of the Lost Ark good? Of course not, trying to recapture a moment in time never works. But is was not the Indy version of that HORRID Attack of the Clones crap that Lucas inflicted on Star Wars. It knew enough to not try to pretend to be Raiders redux. It felt perfectly natural in it's progression. Like "yeah this is what Indy would be doing 18 years later" rather than "WTF, who is Harrison Ford kidding??"
We start off as always with the Paramount Mountain logo dissolving into another mountain. Or molehill in this case. Indy is in trouble and only his Bullwhip can save him! From there...My lips are sealed! Seriously, I can't say much about the plot without giving it away. If it sounds like the plot is slim, well of course it is! We are here for the banter and the action, not the frickin plot! You wanna learn something go watch The DaVinci Code! I can confirm the rumors that aliens do factor in. I swear to god I think Lucas goes home and inserts his own probe and plays abduction.
Best things about it?
1. Harrison Ford. That man owns. He's Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Talk about iconic roles. And he made them iconic. He looks just obnoxiously good for his age without plastic surgery and he is totally believable as an adventurer.
2. Shia LaBeouf was pretty good as Mutt. If they are thinking of pinning the future franchise on him they better keep Harrison around though. He just doesn't have the nads to pull it off alone.
3. BEST THING ....Marion is back! Indy with no Marion was always just wrong. Karen gives us Marion as her usual saucy self and she and Harrison Ford still have the chemistry.
All in all, it's worth a trip to the theater and kidlet and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
And wrapping things up I'd like to assure all of you that the world is still sitting perfectly on it's axis. Hell has not frozen over and the End Days are not upon us. Translation, the weather sucked all weekend. Hail, rain and a balmy 54 degrees! Go Whoreygon!
12 comments:
Hallloooo! :D
I found you blog on DC.org and i just wanted to say hi. I have a blog too, if you want to stop by for a read ;)
Have a good day now! :D
Nice to meet you fellow Word Nerd! I blog rolled ya. Glad someone other than me will be getting something out of the happy trail picture ;0
"Yup that is a cradle I would totally rob."
"Whoa! Talented AND I wanna throw my panties at him. BONUS!"
My goodness. I really don't know what to say.
She never did anything for me, so I would not be throwing my boxer briefs at her...
I certainly enjoyed david and hope he gets to cut the album he wants after he cuts the drivel that the people at 19 records, or J records of Clive records gives him
I want to see Indy and like the fact that they do not force you to believe that a 64 year old can do amazing stunts...
What can I say, RWA. Just found out he was born in the south and he's a sag. That totally explains everything! Apparently I am not alone. The Cougars for Cook signs in the theater were high-larious!
Bond - I know you are bitter about 19 and I can't say I blame you. I so hoping that they learned a valuable lesson from Chris Daughtry. Let them be them.
Especially David. This kid has been writing songs for 10 years and his band Axium is as good if not better than a ton of stuff out there. He took the cheesetastic magical rainbow song and made it likeable. Kid has mad skillz, they should just let him run with it. And he's hawt. Did I mention that?
I think Harrison did do all his own stunts again. He just has Indy look as surprised and pleased he pulled them off as we are!
So David Cook is both talented and good-looking? Well, that makes him TWO things his cousin Dane Cook isn't. ;-)
I'm fired up that they brought Marion back. She totally rocks!
Dane Cook skeeves me out :P
Excuse me just a moment...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
OK. I just needed to get that out.
Now the Mctatas were quite nice and I will admit to drooling several times. But I was a member of Taylor's Soul Patrol from the start.
Although for me it was all about the music and flirting with the Lady Soul Patrollers.
Hehehehehehee
Enjoy being a fan girl! It doesn't happen that often that an artist really grabs hold of us and refuses to let go. For me, it's been twice in 3 years. I've got DC's AI performances downloaded, and I may go after his previous solo work too.
Cheers my dear!
Why does Marion always look drunk in the previews?
And I like David Cook, but I was a tad insulted by the U2 cover
Honestly Sparky I think they are doing the blurred lens like they did with Redford in that Indecent Proposal movie. As for the u2 cover I actually liked it. And he had no choice but the cover it on order from Clive Davis. He didn't try to sound like Bono which was a good call on his part.
Trav I am glad that gave you the giggles =)
As for David's solo album and former band albums good luck. They are pulled from iTunes and Amazon by the Idol Producers. You kinda have to know someone. Which you do ;)
Does KA's voice still have the saucy, husky ring to it? Cheers and boffoo on your weather!!
Yup exactly like before!
Post a Comment