Saturday, May 03, 2008

Square One My Slate Is Clear

Alrighty, I have had a few people express interest in my hypnosis session and how that has gone and I said would write about it. I had the initial consult with Geoffrey where we talked about the diabetes and the fact that about the only "nice" thing I do for myself is tiramisu. Then we did a very short session to just get my subconscious going on the basics. Avoiding the 5 whites of sugar, flour, milk and milk cheeses, white pasta and white rice. Rice and sugar I rarely ate. Milk I do occasionally have and that one I agreed to "limit." Flour is not a biggie. I eat wheat or 7 grain breads happily and again limiting French breads is doable. Pasta I have no problem with the whole wheat version. The other thing is the slowing way way down and chewing more. Both of which I was horrible at. In my family if your food looked lonely on your plate, someone ate it. So going slow was not really an option.

Now as for the session, yes you are aware of where you are. You are aware of what is going on. The purpose is to disassociate your mind from your physical body and your conscious awareness. So while you know you are in a chair being hypnotized it is more like something you would notice out of the corner of your eye.

It's not really a case of you are getting sleepy either. It's more a relaxation technique. Then you walk down a stairway or an escalator and into a garden. By the time you get to your little chair in the garden you are pretty darn calm.

So last week was a quickie just to plant the seeds in the brain. This weeks will be much longer. The first session was roughly a half hour. This one will be and hour minimum. This one we get to examine my firm belief I was Hitler in another life and if I do anything nice for myself other than food, the shit will hit the fan.

Geoffrey also records the sessions and has you listen to them on your own at home. They work really well at bedtime.

As for the results, I have passed up cake several times this week. I find myself eating much slower and chewing more. I limited myself to guacamole, one tomale, a tiny bit of mole and beans at yesterdays Cinco De Mayo party. No sourcream. Shocking! Plus I skipped all the deserts there too including Key Lime cheesecake and triple chocolate raspberry cake. Plus I am not snacking all day long. I am going 5 hours between meals and actually eating when I feel hungry not just because it is "that" time.

Not checking weight yet and not doing a hard core diet as Geoffrey wants me to see the nutritionist first. Handily enough I do that the day before the second hypno appointment.

I'll catch you up on that one next week. And now, off to work. Sure hope it warms up enough to get some planting done this weekend!


For your musical enjoyment, today's post title in action

7 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Now that was really interesting. But I guess you have to be predisposed to it also...I mean, how could someone hypnotize a CAKE fiend like me into passing up a chance to eat CAKE???

Impossible I say!

Good luck with this!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hey I spent the entire time I was being hypnotized for smoking thinking to myself that there was no way it would work. I figured that it was just beginners luck that I didn't smoke the first day and then it just kept going. So far so good.

BillyWarhol said...

Sounds like our Family Table - Ma slaving for 5 Hours preparing a deelish Dinner + it's Devoured in 5 Minutes!!

;))

EntreCard RED HOT DROPPING!!******

iGOO MEGA TRILLION $$$ DOLLAR LAUNCH!!

EVERY BLOGGER in the UNIVERSE will receive a $$$ TRILLION DOLLARS!!

iGooMEGA$$$TRILLIONS


Cheers Everybody!! Billy ;)) Peace*

Schmoop said...

I don't trust anyone who spells Geoffrey that way. Tom Petty has never gotten the recognition he deserves...In my opinion. Cheers Starr!!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Well, I hope this works out for you. A hypnotist came to our school years ago, and I was one of the "volunteers" from the audience.

For some reason, I don't think that's the same kind of hypnosis, though.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Can I get him to make you predisposed to come to Memphis instead of passing it up?

LOL

Hope it helps...No Bread? NOOOOOO

Rebecca said...

Wow, that's pretty interesting. But I don't think I would be willing to take milk or cheese out of my diet. However, with the bread and rice and pasta I'd totally be able to cut out the "white" versions. :)

statcounter