Today's post comes with a play list. My iPod is in the zone. Watched movies this weekend. Some good and some oh so not. This Oasis song and the song I will post tomorrow were the best thing about the movie Made of Honor.
No offence to McDreamy but I don't McGet It. Never thought he was hot even back the early days. I also tried to watch Surfer Dude. It drained my IQ to the point where I am happy that I am able to remember how to use a spoon. The Other Bolyen Girl just annoyed the fuck out of me. Anne's sister Mary did NOT raise Elizabeth the 1st. Stupid bodice ripping authers annoy me.
My iPod has Severe Sybil Syndrome today. I just went from Talk Talk's It's My Life to the Dropkick Murphy's Shipping Up to Boston. Can I just say how much I love the Murphy's? If you saw the movie The Departed, you will recognize this. Irish pipes and kick ass punk. What a combo.
Whoa....The Psychedelic Furs Love My Way.
SO FUCKING EXCITED I GET TO SEE THE FURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Happy Mondays too. Wonder if Bez will still dance around. How cool would a Shawn Ryder/Richard Butler duet be? If any of you are familiar with the band Gorillaz, Shawn is the singer on Dare.
Yay for Green Day! This is an awesome song. Deep album cut for most people.
3 weeks to the concert!
HAH....this one's for Matt and his breed mare post today.
All right, I am off to the data entry mines.
9 comments:
Where have I been that I don't know the Dropkick Murphy's? Where have I been?!?!?!
And you're seeing...THE FURS?!?!?! I hate you. Nay, I LOATHE YOU, dear star friend. You? Are a BITCH.
*snarky grin*
BTW, did I mention that I am going to U2 this October? Nanner, nanner, nanner!
Tell me you know Flogging Molly, Desert. They are Irish with a twist of punk as well. LOVE them.
And yes I get to see the Furs. I am SO thrilled as I missed them in the 80's. And you better be seeing U2 as you live in one of the sanctified states they are playing!
Okay, so sue me. I've been under a rock. Nope. Don't know Flogging Molly as well. Where have I been? Listening to too much retro alternative music, not enough new music, I reckon.
Well, we didn't originally have U2 tix. They were grossly expensive. Then we decided to seek out the cheap seats in the nosebleed sections, figured it was worth it since they have that new stage so we'll be able to see as well as hear. They're playing just 20 minutes down the road, so how could hubby say no? Teehee - I'm so stoked!
Talk Talk and The Psychadelic Furs? Been in an '80s mood, I see!
Every time you post new music, I have to go to the itune store!
BTW, the Furs bass player lives in our tiny town. He married a local.
I'm so out of my league trying to stay in the room with you when it comes to music discussions.
I looooooove The Furs and thanks for the MP. Ha. Cheers Starr!!
That's why I post songs, Trav. I like to give people a chance to hear music they might not be familiar with!
Do you love The Furs too Matt?!? Oh shit. Now I have two, count them two, jealous Aquarians out there ....yikes!
Oooh, LOOOOOOOOVE Psychedelic Furs!
If someone hasn't approached you about this already, you need to go submit a shuffle to Music Savvy Mom. I think you'd love it!
Post a Comment