Ok I am happy now. If they give Kate Winslet her statue I will be fully happy with the outcome of the awards.
Heath's Family accepted and it was short and lovely.
We are now up to documentary awards. I love documentary movies. Werner Herzog is one very intense dude. I am not familiar with any of the movies aside from Trouble The Water. Cute lil French crazy fucker who tightropes between buildings won. Short subject we have some seriously downer looking films. Wow. Need a drink now. They should have renamed that one the Wrist Cutter Award.
Back and we have an action flick montage. Bond, Speed Racer, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hancock, Indiana Jones, Hulk, Wanted, Hellboy, That Cruise Nazi Movie, The Mummy....damn. Now I wanna go watch Iron Man and The Dark Knight again.
It's Will Smith! I love Will Smith. HAHA....good one the things action movies have ...fans. They get no respect. We have the Visual Effects ...Benny Buttons, Dark Knight, Iron Man....with Benny Buttons winning it again. Well as Will pointed out they did manage to turn Brad Pitt into a Garden Gnome.
Sound Editing time...Dark Knight, Iron Man, Slumdog (I am so gonna be annoyed) Wall E and Wanted. Winner is....The Dark Knight.
Sound Mixing time - Benny Buttons, Dark Knight, Again with Slumdog, Wall E and Wanted. Shirtless McAvoy was the best thing about Wanted. Winner is Slumdog. Just mmk.
Still Will...which he just commented on. Film editing award time - Frost Nixon, The Dark Knight, Milk, Slumdog, Benny Buttons ....winner is Slumdog Millionaire.
Eddie Murphy is up to present and he has a statue in his hand. We are paying tribute Jerry Lewis tonight for his humanitarian work with the MDA telethon.... oh Jebus Walks...do we have to have MORE Coldplay?
Commercial break time and time for me to have some roast turkey, wild rice with mushrooms and green beans for dinner. Party leftovers...YEAH!
We are getting down to the bread and butter of the awards now. Music in movies. The Academy has weird rules for songs in movies. I was miffed as shit last year when Hard Sun was not nominated and I know plenty of people pissed off by the lack of Springsteen for The Wrestler.
Oh Jebus..Zaquisha Efron and Alicia Keyes...yuck. Score noms are Milk, Slumdog, Wall E, Definance and Benny Buttons....winner is Slumdog.
More Frickin Zac with the best song with two from Slumdog being sung by the guy who just accepted the award for score. With a full on Bollywood production number kickin here. John Legend is sing the Wall E one as Peter Gabriel boycotted the ceremony due to the time limit on the songs. What a bland crop this year. No offence to Boss fans but I think the best song from a movie in recent memory was Hard Sun. Winner is ...Slumdog Millionaire.
5 comments:
slumdog is winning everything....
I am so glad Kate won!
I was THRILLED Kate won! That girl is superbly talented and gorgeous as well.
I went to bed after I watched Heath win, gotta be at work for four in the a.m. this week. Glad to see Heath win it and I thought his family's acceptance speech very nice.
Just wait till the MTV Movie Awards....our boy will sweep that one for sure!
Glad Heath won for sure.....so sad though.
Post a Comment