Just a fast one as I am at work, and fighting off a cold. Kidlet had a sleepover at her grandparentals last night. Tonight we are having dinner over there and then I think we are gonna go see Friday the 13th. LOVE me some slasher flicks. They better not fuck up the whole Vorhees back story. I am also hoping it is really Jason and not a true remake of the first movie. Tobe Hooper is involved so I am hopeful.
My birthday was good other than poor kidlet being sick. Mom's chicken was great as usual and that coconut cheesecake with key lime topping kicked so much ass I have no words for it. Seriously. It had a Lorna Doone crust too.
American Idol is shaping up nicely this season. They have some strong talent. I am liking Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert so far. For the girls, no one has grabbed me yet. We shall see.
And I got my pretty red iPod which I have named Cherry Darling. Complete with my Verve quote engraved on the back. I am working on redoing the art work since the covers apple uses are HUGE space wise. Cover flow is fun though. So far I have 1400 songs on it and I have over 2 gigs left. I had to go hunt down a few songs. Still have a few more I gotta find. But here's a few that are currently stalking my brain
I have no words for how jazzed Kidlet and I are that Blink 182 is getting back together. If the rumor floating out there is true and they open for Green Day I think we might both just have our heads explode from excitement. Add that to the news that Green Day's album will drop in May and they will start their tour in July AND we got cover art and let me tell you, there has been some squeeage in the Starr Abode.
First up Blink. Short song. A real attention getter at the stop lights let me tell you. I guess it is just not something you'd expect to hear a soccer mom type singing.
Blink 182
Estelle with Kanye
Kings of Leon
Carolina Liar (watch it in high quality) I REALLY like this band.
This little band called U2
Yeah...I went here
Harry Belafonte
Lily Allen - I am completely addicted to this song. Must get album. "It doesn't matter cause I'm packing plastic and that's what makes my life so fucking fantastic."
All American Rejects
12 comments:
Yeah, that little band from Ireland. I hear they're pretty good.
"...there has been some squeeage in the Starr Abode."
Oh my.
Yeah Desert I think they might just make it in this business ;)
Southern - It's true. All the dogs in the neighborhood started barking.
Now I know what that odd glow was coming from the south the other day...it was residual squeeage from the Starrlight abode.
Blink 182 & Green Day are two great bands. That oughta be a show...
Green Day is getting great press on their album. Both Spin and RS are positive on the 6 tracks they have heard. Next issue has a big Green Day article.
And yes, if The Blink opens for The Day, Kidlet and I are gonna scream so loud we will be audible in Brooklyn.
It's true, Trav =) We are jazzed about the Blink reunion.
Kidlet is partly responsible. She heckled the hell out of Tom DeLong when Angels and Airwaves opened for Weezer. Her and a couple of lesbians next to her were calling him a douche and telling him to cut his emo hair and get back with Blink =)
We have video footage of it too!
I hope your cold doesn't consume you. Cheers Starr!!
How they acted like that and didn't get thrown out is beyond me.
Maybe he couldn't hear them...
No really...tell us how you really feel...
go on, don't hold back
There is a girl from Memphis (Her mom actually works for Servicemaster too), with blond hair..single mom...I kinda like her
Oh no, he heard them. He claims to be punk. He can deal with his audience cause they call it like they see it. He KNOWS he's a douchebag for breaking up The Blink. Ya notice on the grammies he had cut his emo hair ;)
I saw Blink 182 and Gwen Stefanni over at the Vancouver Fairgrounds a number of years back...
Post a Comment