Sunday, August 27, 2006

WWJB?

Who Would Jesus Bomb?

Saw that on a bumpersticker today and it just tickled me. People who know me (or think they do) would find it hard to believe that not only do I believe in God and Jesus, my faith is really very strong. I just have really really big issues with organized religions. Any organized religion. A Christian fanatic is just as repugnant to me as a Jewish, Muslim, Taoist, or Wiccan one would be. God really deserves a much better PR firm.

Truth be told I am not big on organizations in general. Anyone who can get their ass kicked out of Girl Scouts is pretty much destined to spend their life as poster child for "Does not play well with others." I just ain't a joiner. And apparently the GS found "Sodomy" from the soundtrack to the Broadway musical "Hair" to be an inappropriate campfire song. "Make new friends" my fat white ass. The falsity of playing buddy buddy with the popular plastic girls who teased the hell out of those of us not in their cliques during school hours. What can I say, I got spiteful due to the sugary sweet hypocrisy. The choice was to get kicked out or develop juvenile diabetes. Of course I could have politely quit, but where's the fun in that?!!?

Went to breakfast with my grandfather this morning, his treat cause he is a sweetie like that. Now all I want is a nap. Seeing as I am at the office working, or about to be once I leave the cyberhood, I won't be getting one. Home is just a mess right now thanks to small child's room revamp. There is glitter all over my hall bathroom. I mean all over. I have glitter in unmentionable place as I write this. Festive? Yes. Wanted? Not really. Or at least not under these circumstances.

Ah...the burble of the coffee pot. Off to wantonly kill more trees.

8 comments:

Maria said...

I love your blog...

and the Girl Scouts don't know shit about entertainment. I would prefer to hear that song from Hair over their shrill whining to buy another cursed box of cookies any day!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Thanks for the blog loves! I must admit though, I can't bring myself to hate on the Thin Mint cookies. But these days I can just buy them off a co-worker. The uniforms are another matter ;)

Maria said...

Well, my mouth loves thin mints but the layers of fat on my gut feel very differently

Cinnamon Girl said...

I hear you there. They are way to addicting. My ex actually had such a bad craving he bought them off ebay.

tina fabulous said...

i hate the idea of "church" as an organization. and some of the biggest jerks i've ever met are church people. go figure.

luckily, i found a church of real people who sincerely care about the world and also w/ very little drama!

tagalongs are my favorite cookies in the universe.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oooooh. Tagalongs are yummy. All this cookie talk is making me think very bad thoughts about dinner. Healthy shmelthy. I see a bag of mint milanos in my future!

Anonymous said...

I personally believe that walking around bombing is just a act of poor faith. I mean when you take justice in your hands, what your actually saying is that you don't trust that justice will be done.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Well said. It's unfortunate that people can't just concentrate on being the best human they can be. Imagine if all that energy went to working on ourselves.

statcounter