LOL...Joachim Phoenix is so this years butt of the joke. Ben Stiller is doing him ala Letterman perfectly. Right down to the gum on the podium. HAHAHAHAHAHA! "You look like you work at a Hassidic Meth Lab."
With that we are onto Cinematography ....and Stiller is wondering. Nominees are Benny Buttons, Slumdog, Dark Knight, Changeling and The Reader....Slumdog takes it. Um. Why. It was filmed in an ACTUAL Indian Slum. Dark Knight was robbed on that one in my opinion. But apparently the Academy et all is intent on 'gasming over Slumdog.
Next up...Justin Timberlake's Girlfriend! Seriously does Jessica Biel work anymore?
And suddenly we are at another commercial? Odd. We had a break, 2 mins for Biel to babble about the technical awards and bam...commercial. Oh but hey they are showing the trailer for Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr in The Soloist. Have I mentioned how much I love Robert Downey Jr? Cause I LOVE Robert.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN KISS KISS BANG BANG GO GET IT NOW.
Subtle am I not? And we are back... It's an Apatow Short Film with James Franco and Seth Rogan doing their Pineapple Express characters... LOL! They are singing ABBA! Basically they are mocking the hell out of all of the Best film noms....including the make out scene in Milk where James Franco kisses Penn.... ok that was funny.
And after that short film we have the Short Film Live Action award. The Pig....LOL so many ex jokes, so little time.....Sorry :P
Bathroom break cause like I know I should care, but yeah......
Ok we have had a teaser for Best Supporting Actor. Hugh is back and celebrating The Musical. I love musicals so that is dandy with me. Oh this is very retro 40s..they are doing a montage of famous songs. Singing in the Rain, All That Jazz, West Side Story, Moulin Rogue...We got Beyonce and her Breasts putting on their tassles...er top hats. LOL...Grease! Kidlet and I are gonna watch Grease next week. I love to hate that Movie.
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.
Did we HAVE to have the gross little High School Musical Moment? 'Scuse me whilst I hurl.
No love for Rocky Horror....how shameful.
Hah... that number was created by Baz Luhrman. It was very Bazzy.
Ok we have had some filler here and I am not talking Beyonce's breast. Not too bad though, all things considered, this show is much zippier than past ceremonies.
OK...I think we have the Best Supporting Actor now with the same format as the Actress award...it is. They better NOT fuck this up. Alan Arkin, Cuba Gooding, Joel Grey, Christopher Walken, and Kevin Kline will read the noms.
Alan Arkin is introducing Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt. Joel Grey is doing Josh Brolin in Milk and points out that last years winner won for hunting down Josh in No Country For Old Men. Cuba Gooding Jr is up now and of course he is doing Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder...perfect for a white actor playing a white Australian actor who plays a Black man in Blackface. Love it. Walkin has Michael Shannon for Revolutionary Road playing Kathy Bates son with mental illness. He is the lynch pin of the plot. And that leaves Kevin introducing Heath's. DO NOT FUCK UP, ACADEMY. Heath's family is in house.
And the winner is...Heath.
His mom, dad and sister Kate are accepting for Heath. Trivia...Heath and Kate were named from Wuthering Heights.
10 comments:
As Batman said in the final scene of "The Dark Knight," "Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."
My "faith" was rewarded tonight. The mighty "Academ" recognized what may well have been the best performance I personally have ever seen in a movie.
Granted, I don't watch a whole lot of movies anymore - but Ledger was outstanding as The Joker.
Heath was wonderful in everything I ever saw him in. If you have not seen I'm Not There...the Bob Dylan picture... you should. He and Kate Blanchett really stood out.
In his words from "The Dark Knight" ...
"No ... no... no ... no ... NO!!!!!!!!"
I can't begin to think of trying to compare any other performance to this one. In "The Dark Knight," he became the character. Had I not known it was Heath Ledger, I never would have guessed.
Oh true enough. I think it was measured that he was only on screen for a quarter of the run time. Yet he was there in every frame. It's a shame to think what he would have done if he had not died so young. People compare him to Jimmy Dean which I think is a compliment to Dean. To me, Heath was going to be the next Newman or Brando. The boy could ACT.
I agree. This performance was likely going to move him to another level.
It's still hard for me to believe that the guy who made The Joker in "The Dark Knight" was the same guy in "The Princess Bride" and "The Patriot."
I saw the Patriot and he was great then. Princess Bride was not Heath though. Wesley was Cary Elwes. Heath did Knights Tale and 10 Things I Hate About You ...and I loved both of them as well. Knights Tale had a GREAT cast aside from Heath and was just very very smart and funny for a film for young adults.
You're right. I was thinking of "Knight's Tale."
Different title ... but I stand by my opinion on it.
Speaking of Kevin Kline, did you SEE Phoebe Cates? Bitch still looks 19!
Why in the hell is that 'H' at the end of my name? Gah, I hate when crappy stuff like that happens.
He was absolutely worthy.
Post a Comment