Thursday, October 11, 2007

Books, Glorious Books!

ETS has a book Meme up on her site that I felt COMPELLED to play along with. Feel free to play and let me know if you do!! And a shout out to Amy for her guest post adding this and MissZoot for getting the ball rolling!

The Rules

Bold those you’ve read. (I shrunk the ones I have not as it was just not easy to read!)
Italicize books you have started but couldn’t finish.
Add an asterisk* to those you have read more than once.
Underline those on your To Be Read list.

*** For Fun I have highlighted the ones I currently own.

Travis I am looking at you on this one!


Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
Crime and Punishment*
Catch-22*
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Wuthering Heights*
The Silmarillion*
Life of Pi: A Novel
The Name of the Rose
Don Quixote*
Moby Dick*
Ulysses*
Madame Bovary*

The Odyssey*
Pride and Prejudice*
Jane Eyre*
A Tale of Two Cities*
The Brothers Karamazov

Guns, Germs, and Steel: the Fates of Human Societies
War and Peace*
Vanity Fair*
The Time Traveller’s Wife
The Iliad*
Emma*

The Blind Assassin
The Kite Runner*
Mrs. Dalloway
Great Expectations*
American Gods
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Atlas Shrugged*
Reading Lolita in Tehran
Memoirs of a Geisha*
Middlesex *
Quicksilver
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West *
The Canterbury Tales *
The Historian *
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man *
Love in the Time of Cholera *
Brave New World *
The Fountainhead *
Foucault’s Pendulum *
Middlemarch *
Frankenstein *
The Count of Monte Cristo *
Dracula *
A Clockwork Orange *

Anansi Boys
The Once and Future King *
The Grapes of Wrath *
The Poisonwood Bible * (hated it!)
1984 *
Angels & Demons *
The Inferno *
The Satanic Verses *

Sense and Sensibility *
The Picture of Dorian Gray *
Mansfield Park *
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
*
To the Lighthouse
Tess of the D’Urbervilles *
Oliver Twist *
Gulliver’s Travels *
Les Misérables *
The Corrections
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Dune
The Prince *

The Sound and the Fury *
Angela’s Ashes *
The God of Small Things
A People’s History of the United States: 1492-Present
Cryptonomicon *
Neverwhere
A Confederacy of Dunces *
A Short History of Nearly Everything
Dubliners
The Unbearable Lightness of Being *
Beloved *
Slaughterhouse-Five *
The Scarlet Letter *
Eats, Shoots & Leaves
The Mists of Avalon *
Oryx and Crake
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
Cloud Atlas
The Confusion

Lolita *
Persuasion *
Northanger Abbey *
The Catcher in the Rye *
On the Road *
The Hunchback of Notre Dame *
Freakonomics
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance *
The Aeneid *
Watership Down *
Gravity’s Rainbow
The Hobbit *
In Cold Blood*
White Teeth
Treasure Island *
David Copperfield *
The Three Musketeers *

Underline is not being my friend but count on the fact that if it is on the list and I have not read it...I will be looking into it!

9 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I own sooooo many books I've never read - the curse of the English major. I faked the reading of so many books, I managed to graduate with an A average!

Anonymous said...

Starrlight;

I have read most of these. I will have to do that meme at some point. though I think my all time fav on the list is the time travelers wife. when it go to the end of that book I almost quit reading because I never wanted to be done!


I wasn't sure if you meant to leave a message here or on my blog - so I did both. I have over 40 of those ACEO ornament tags in the works which I will be putting up over the weeks. 3/4 of them have to do with the holidays; and about half of those are angels images and messages... I would be very interested to hear what you have in mind; here or via email is fine.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts!

Schmoop said...

Other than old Spy vs. Spy, I rarely read. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Phht, you are smart and you know it Desert :P

Matt - you are so full of it :P

Ascender - Will the oranments be available on your website?

Oh and people, go check out Ascenders page. There is amazing art there! Hands down my favorite WW stop.

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Wow. I suddenly feel ignorant. Where's the nearest library...?

Cinnamon Girl said...

LOL Bundle, I just read a lot. Only child, did not play well with others...you get the picture. I read anywhere from 2-5 books a week depending on my time.

Anonymous said...

Dah-AM! Girl you weren't kidding when you said books were your passion!!! Thanks for playing along!!! :)

Sparky Duck said...

This isnt the banned books list right? Though woman, we may need to get you into some Mass Market paperbacks, just to save space.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Nah I need more bookshelves!

statcounter