I am off the technorati train my friends. Seeing that if you are blog rolled and the person who has you blog rolled does not remove you and re-add you ever 6 months, well that link might as well NOT exist for you.
So I am bidding Technocrapi adeiu. Here is my final post. Saved for posterity as I am sure the admin will delete it...once he finishes his 6 month donut break :P
"Well I went from an 8k rank to a 24k rank. Because you, ADMIN, and your little Technorati code nazi's have decided to fuck over blog rolls. Should I ask 400 or so of my closest friends to what...remove me from their blog roll for a couple of weeks and then re-add me? I don't think so.
So here is where we stand Technorati. How is YOUR rank calculated? You all like it when we, your serfs, link you to you with your stupid halfwit coded widgets right? Well guess what?
YOUR AUTHORITY JUST WENT DOWN CAUSE I WAXED YOUR ASS OFF MY BLOG.
Get fucked. "
That was deeply satisfying. I am pretty sure my links to THEM always counted. MyBlogLog wins!
12 comments:
I should probably remove my widget, too. I haven't even logged in to my technorati account in a year or so.
Technocrapi always confuzzled me anyway...And that guy that tells you how much your blog is worth is worthless...and my comments are down so low, it looks like The Couch is being putting out for the trash man some days...
SO I have decided, screw it..I write, some read, fewer comment and the hell with it....
They changed how they count links last summer and basically made the entire point of having someone blog rolled worthless. Plus they still can't get posts to update even with a manual ping. So they can bite me!
I hear ya Bond. It has been a tough couple of months as I have just been so busy. I barely make it to a handful of blogs a day. Not cause I don't want to but because by the time I get home late I have either worked 10 hours or I have the kidlet and school work stuffies.
I've never understand that geek stuff anyway, and I don't really care. I read what I want, comment when I can, and have visitors once in a while who come and go, comment or not.
Whatever. I blog for my own reasons, not for recognition or rankings.
I agree with the others...I have a few widgets such as Technorati, but I dont even bother with them. CHeers!!
I think it would be much better if you would stop holding back and tell the folks at Technorati what you REALLY think.
I used to like it cause I could see all my favorite blogs that were on Techno and their current post in one place. Like a big clearing house of feeds.
But they are such idiots now, and from what I understand they are trying to kill bloggrolling.com so they can take that chunk of the market.
And I hate greedy geeks. Just HATE them.
I will try not to stifle myself in the future, RWA ;)
Funny shit is..my post is still up! Told you it was a 6 month donut break.
See, now.. that's one of those things that I have but never, ever use so I haven't a clue what my standing is with them. I'm old fashioned and just keep a folder in my favorites with all my blogs to read in there.
I totally agree with you. To judge links with readership is meaningless. Look at "Dan's Blah Blah Blog". Geting a link on a blog that gets 200 comments is worth (drumroll)zero.
Bloggers have to blog for what they got out of it, not to think you are goibg to be the next hot thing.
Good post!
I put things in my side bar because I like the way they look. And I link to blogs I enjoy visiting and thing maybe visitors to my place might like too.
I like comments, but I love my lurkers too.
So I, like the others, say ppppppfffffffffttttttttt to that techie stuff. Never use it, don't need it.
YOU are TOO funny girl!!
They hate blogrolls because if you use them, you don't use there faves BS. Plus I think they chase kittens
Post a Comment