Well. A deep subject, I know. I am fried. Last nighta PGE Substation right around the corner from the office caught fire. No power. No post :P
It's still burning in fact, but the power has been supply has been diverted to other sources. Which is a good thing cause I had no power at home either. Me and around 55,000 other fine folks spent a dark and chilly night. And it was colder than a witch's tit out there. It's still only 21 degrees. The power came back on at my house around 2:30am.
So I hauled ass in early today so I can get some work done after being so rudely booted out last night. It's freezing in here today. It's always cold on the weekends but with the power going out last night for 7 hours it is downright frigid in here. Fortunately I will be in the back putting together mailing packets all day so I should stay warm.
Small child received 200 bucks from her Dad and his GF to spend as she liked. The problem was her dad hates the mall. So I ended up taking her shoping yesterday. She wanted jeans so we hit the GAP. She got 2 pairs of jeans and I got her a top. And I even bought a pair of jeans for myself! Which makes those approximately the 4 item of clothing I have bought myself this year. I think I broke a record :P
She also go Pajamas and slippers and foo foo socks. She is most pleased. Still has 60 bucks left too.
Alright, my nailbeds are turning blue, cause my hands are so cold. Time to go to work and try to keep from freezing to death!
1 comment:
I feel for ya. Fierce wind storms knocked out power on Friday to more than 1million customers in the Puget Sound area. I got lucky twice - my office was down and we got the day off, but I had power at home.
Lots more weren't so lucky. Stay warm and keep smiling!
Post a Comment