Monday, December 04, 2006

Dancing With The Devil's Past Has Never Been Too Fun

The ex (bf variety) has taken to logging on and off of Yahoo messenger for brief flashes for the first time in months. I hate to sound vain, but what does this mean? Is it directed at me? Am I supposed to notice? At least he is not tossing up song lyric status messages ala my blog titles and my Yahoo status messages. When he did they invariably pissed me off.

Last contact we had was his End-of-the-Year-As-We-Know-It email nearly a year ago (Dec 30 2005) and a fast hope you have a happy bday in Feb of this year. I answered his email in April and never said boo to a goose on his birthday greetings. I mean, what is there to say? "You got a job yet?"

I occasionally post on the Sci Fi boards, which as I have discussed in the past I very nearly didn't because he posted on them. Which I did not know at the time that I went looking for info there. My name there is not one he would know or that I have ever used. But oddly enough, with in days of my first post there, he stopped posting. And the man was posting every damn day prior to this.

Now it may just be me, but damn that seems really freakin childish! Get over it, post your shit, I'll post mine. We were not even posting in the same show forum! I in NO WAY made any references to inside jokes or in any way tried to make it obvious who I was. I could be wrong and it could be that he was just "busy." Probably dicking around "remodeling" his mothers house. Again.

So I am sitting here pondering if I am somehow involved in playground politics. If so, I hope I am not disappointing with my lack of reaction. Hell I don't track who comes to this blog other than who answers comments cause I like to respond to those. I know damn good and well both my ex's could find this blog in all of 1.2 microseconds if they wanted too. I just don't care. I write for me and if they happen to find and read it, tough tits for them.

11 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Do your thing and don't worry about him. If he's too immature to move on and realize that two people can share something like a sci-fi board without having issues, that is his problem.

Cinnamon Girl said...

That is pretty much how I have tried to act. Like I said, both of my ex's could easily find my blog no problem. And while I may moderate the ex husband comments on the off chance he reads them, I pretty much let fly with what I think of both of them.

Dorks!

David Welch said...

Last time I was trying to avoid a girl I stopped signing in to instant messanger (cause she was always on and we used to chat on it a lot)...or I would sign in and then click on "invisible" real fast. However, this lasted with me only a matter of days...if you broke up over a year ago... I dont get it.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Technically it has been longer than that. We had a looong long distance relationship for like 4 years. He moved here in Jan of 04 and I sent him home to mama in Sept of 04. He couldn't or wouldn't get a job. I couldn't AND wouldn't go on footing the bill.

We tried to keep it open ended when he got back to Atlanta. The whole thing hinged on him either getting a job or going back to school. Neither happened and I cut the cord in May of 05.

I guess when you don't have a job or a life it is easier to stay hung up on break ups.

thethinker said...

Wow. Just goes to show that some people never really do grow up.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yup. I suppose, like I said, I could be having a vanity attack. But given the past history of tossing up (really irritating) song lyrics, I have a hard time believing it is not directed at me. He'd be great if he would just grow a pair and get a job. Seeing that last Monday was his 33rd birthday, I am not holding my breath.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

See.. now the last sentence in your last comment is where I was going.. This sold like what happens in HS... not 15 years later....
With the new Yahoo IM, you can go and set your stealth setting for him only to show you permanently offline.. then You do not have to worry about the little puppy following you around and piddling on the floor...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yup I could set stealth settings, but frankly that just seems like giving him a bit more control than I am after. I am not gonna go in a stealth here and there and change my name. I was it on his list of contacts. I have over 12 and serveral of them are family.

It is not like I am worried about being stalked. That would take a bit more effort than I see him taking :P

This was more of a WTF, are people this geeked out at 30+ years of age?!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I understand not giving the control away also.. I am a dominant control person myself...
Again.. most are not that geeked out.. just looks like you hooked up with one of them - but you learned and moved on.

Hey.. Moved you up on THE COUCH to Daily reads... Fan's of Duane get that priviledge!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Thanks for the bump up to the couch! I was in the angry chair yesterday judging by my post :P

Big huge fan of the Allman Bro here =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the drama some of these guys give out. They are usually the clingy, needy ones who try to guilt you back into a relationship. the experience I had with one of these kinds of guys was that he was very insecure and liked to look at other girls while we were out on dates trying to make me jealous, thus boosting his self-esteem. Then after we broke up, he would find another girlfriend right away, while telling me he still wanted to be with me. This went on for awhile, but finally stopped. The guy's on his second wife now.

statcounter