Sunday, December 17, 2006

Let's Call Me Quirky Rather Than Weird, Mmk?

Miss Tiggerprr over at her scratching post has tagged me with the infamous 6 Weird Things About Me meme.

And you know what? I am totally stumped here and I have had to enlist the help of family and friends. I mean, let's face it if you read this blog in depth, it should be pretty clear that I just AM weird.

However, we have put our heads together and come up with the following quirks for your consideration:

1. I have a thing about supplying the dialogue to silent movies. Mind you it is not the ACTUAL dialogue. It is my own creation and usually wildly inappropriate (kinda like me!)

2. I can name all of the ruling Kings and Queen England from William the First (that bastard) all the way on up to QE2. I have a thing for history in general, English in particular. I buy textbooks for fun.

3. This one courtesy of my mom. I have a tendency to repeat a word over and over when I am excited or tired. It's not a stutter in that I say the entire word correctly. I just say it more than once! Of course that is a neurological thing that I can't be held responsible for as I pointed out to her. I also asked her if she poked the handicapped when she came across them :P


4. Also provided by mom, I have issues with lids and tops. Like for jars, toothpaste, etc etc. Apparently I don't like the put them on with any great consistency. Mom pondered the thought that perhaps I had a fear of enclosed spaces. It's one of those things that I am not very aware of, but looking at my desk, I see caps and lids and an open bottle of hand lotion. What can I say, Don't Fence Me In!

5. I have a thing for retaining bizarre, pointless, music trivia. Weird stuff like knowing all 4 members of Crue while never having owned a Crue album. Why do I know this?

What drives me nuts about it is that I always forget one or two minor things which I know but for some reason, refuse to retain. Here are the big two. I always forget 1 of the 5 bands that Eric Clapton has been in. Sometimes I space John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, and other time I space out Blind Faith. But I ALWAYS forget one of them. Much like I ALWAYS space Vince Clarke's name when we get to talking about who left Depeche Mode and went to Yaz and the Erasure. I have actually woken up in the middle of the night and said "VINCE CLARKE" out loud after it has been driving on me.

6. This last I thought of right away while reading Tigg's. She writes that she still to this day sleeps with the covers tight around her neck to keep away zee vampires. A habit she picked up in childhood. I, on the other hand, used to wake up and be PISSED off that I was NOT made a vampire in my sleep. I blame this on reading Anne Rice at age 10. And yes, I am Gother Than Thou. (That's an in-joke for the black clothed contingent.)

Now for my tags. Hrmm.........

Dr. Blogstein although I am almost afraid to ask :P

Anndi

Tisha

The Widget

Sonja

Yes I can count. That is 5 not six. I don't wanna re-tag folks and Bond got picked with moi. Sue me!

18 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Ahhhh! I knew yours would be fun to read. :)

I promise, if the vampires ever come and turn me in my sleep despite my best efforts...you will be the first person on my list. hehe

Seriously, coming up with 6 people to tag is almost as hard as coming up with the 6 weirds isn't it?

Cinnamon Girl said...

I'll tell you what I found the most disturbing is the fact that my mother and child both got that glazed look thing going when I asked them to name 6 things. They wanted to know if me just being me counted as all 6!

Tisha! said...

Homey! You been smoking something? That's a dangerous zone you entering! Imagine opening the pandora box of weirdness in Dr. Blogstein, yiiikes.

Cinnamon Girl said...

No smokey here. But I am sleep deprived. Me and the two cats shared (badly) the bed last night during the power outage. It got down to 51 inside my house.

Anonymous said...

I already got tagged for this last week, LOL.
Here's my post:

6 Weird Things About Me

Cinnamon Girl said...

Well of course did and I even commented on it. It was a loong night last night!

David Welch said...

I'm gonna say just weird.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Now now...quirky has that certain little je ne sais quoi!





I know...I am weird.

Tisha! said...

Oh by the way I am also a history bluff!

Bisous
Tisha

P.S. 6 weirds things about me, done.

Cinnamon Girl said...

/scampers off to read Tisha's weirdness.

AtriaBooks said...

I'm so normal its actually weird how normal I am.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I am so not normal, Doc. When I asked my mom to help out on this one, she told me that to her I seemed normal because she had become so used to my weirdness.

Gotta love family!

Jansky T said...

I supply "new" dialogue to movies all the time. At work, someone will bring in a DVD and we'll waste time coming up with new stuff.

And of course, wildly inappropriate...each movie would become NC-17 no question.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Kevin you and I have waaay too much time on our hands!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK.. Your weirdness... doens't seem so weird...

Tomorrow my weirdness comes out...

Anndi said...

The weird things about me? The things I find amusing and feel the need to share with the world... it's up on the blog somewhere...

There isn't a weird thing about me.. really! You do believe me .........

right?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh heck no, Anndi :P

JAM said...

Cool list, sometimes it's hard to do these types of things. Anne Rice at 10?

My daughter has a sign on her door that says "I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color."

statcounter