Kidlet and I had the girls night out last night. We had sushi and lattes and wandered the mall. Got her the Official 2007 Green Day Calendar. And we saw Borat last night.
OMFG. I nearly died. It was just the two of us in the theater, which was a good thing, cause the naked wrestling scene in the movie just about KILLED me. Poor kidlet will be scarred for life, I am sure.
I can totally see why people are freaking out about this movie. There are so many levels to this. The uncomfortable laugh when he says such BLATANTLY racist things, the laughing at the other peoples discomfort or their shocking willingness to display their own biases. Then of course you have to accept the fact that you are laughing AT Borat as well. Or at the Stereotyped Broken English Foreigner he is portraying.
I recommend it highly, but only if God blessed you with NOT being born with a stick up your ass :P
3 comments:
All my friends say I should watch it...but...I just don't know. LOL And it's not even the movie so much that's giving me pause...it's I hate going TO the theatre to see movies like that because people are such asshats and rude these days.
But, maybe it's out long enough we could get a private screening like you! :)
Trust me I was so happy to have the place to ourselves. Usually going to the movies present the very real possibilty of me going to jail for assault!
"...only if God blessed you with NOT being born with a stick up your ass :P"
Hmmmm...
Post a Comment