Thursday, December 07, 2006

We All Shine On


John Lennon
Oct 9, 1940 - Dec 8, 1980

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

6 comments:

tiggerprr said...

It's so hard to believe it's been 26 years already...and I remember exactly where I was that day. So sad.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

In my apartment on 22nd Street..watching Monday Night Football and Howard Cosell came on and told us the news...TY for rememebering Starrlight

tiggerprr said...

I heard it on the morning of the 9th, as I lived in Japan then. I remember thinking about him as I sat for roll call in gym class and feeling a great sadness though I wasn't really sure why. (I was 12 and not the music afficianado I am today.)

dick clinch said...

Those of us who were alive back then will never forget where we were that Monday night any more than we will forget where we were right after lunch on November 22, 1963.

OhTheJoys said...

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I was watching Bosom Buddies in my room on my little black and white tv.

Parents were watching PBS so they didn't hear to news. Cronkite told me. I had to tell my parents. The eerie part was that I had listened to Sgt Peppers that day and had A Day In The Life Of stuck in my head.

The next day, in my 6th grade class, I wore an black arm band. When I got there, my teacher Mr. Harris had one as well. I just remember him looking at me, and walking over and giving me a hug and both of us being in tears most of the day.

Lennon wrote my lullabies. My mom sang me Beatles songs from in utero on. It was an awful day.

statcounter