Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5

Hold yourself people I am gonna be SUPER original and go for the New Year's Resolutions for this weeks TT list. I know, I know. I am such a free thinker ;)

I hate New Years as a holiday in general. Something about enforced party-hardy crap makes me want to stay in doors and be a grump.

Besides that, New Year's is Amateur Drunk night when those who barely can, feel they must. Who needs that? So I generally refuse to partake of the Resolutions etc etc. This year, buoyed as I am by the success of my quitting smoking, I have decided to give it a whirl. Hell, I can always laugh at it next Dec :P

1. Walk more. Outside like. In nature. Yeah.

2. Lose weight. Don't ask me for a number, I'll have to bite you.

3. Get a computer and get it set up at home. You would think this would be easy but I have found it really easy to live without one. Shocking for me.

4. Start a college fund for the kidlet. Since pigs will probably fly out my butt before her dad pony's up tuition!

5. Cut down on coffee. Just writing that freaked me out.

6. Drink more water. As with everything on this list it is not that they are difficult to do, I just suck at remembering to do them!

7. Pilates. Do them, don't just buy the cd's. You can not wave them over your ass and magically tone it.

8. Cook at home more often. Which is hard since my days are usually 12 hour plus ones.

9. Learn to mentally go "lalalalalalalalalala" when people say things that piss me off. By people I mean family and ex's, etc etc. It is not that I get into arguments as I usually don't respond, but I don't need the blood pressure going up as well.

10. Write more. Hence the blog :P

11. Take more time off for myself and the kidlet to do fun things. Yes this means having a life. See below!

12. Save up for a trip next Spring with kidlet someplace warm and Southern =)

13. Never forget to stop and look and listen. Particularly when I get to Maui. Life can go by so very fast and if you don't take the time out to notice the beauty around you, what's the point?

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a good list and I hope you get everything done in 2007

Anonymous said...

Writing is good...a good outlet, especially when you have to bite your tongue and hope your blood pressure doesn't rise when people say somthing that pisses you off. Try it. It might work. ;)

My 13 are up. I moved my blog so this is my first 13 in my new digs!

Michelle said...

Enjoy the less coffee thing and I'm with you on the do pilates not just buy the dvd, although if you find something that allows a shrinkage in the thighs by waving let me know! Also you are a brave women for typing this TT, maybe I'll do it next week!

Caylynn said...

Good luck with your resolutions! I'm laughing at #7. I love Pilates, but I've taken classes at the gym where I teach so I know my form is correct. I really like #13 on your list - it's so important to take the time to appreciate things.

Anndi said...

I'm terrible with resolutions...
Time with Chicklet sounds good.. one of mine too...

May the New Year bring you Peace.

Just wondering.. will you bite even if I don't ask?
bwahahahahahahahaha!

DMM said...

Good luck with your list of resolutions!!

Uisce said...

Nothing wrong with a resolutions list -- I'm with you on New Years though. I think the two worst nights of my life were New Years eves. Uggh.

Scribbit said...

Maui? You're going to Maui? How wonderful. Be sure and check out Maui Revealed (check Amazon) it's the absolute Bible of travel books on the island. I'd been there plenty of times and the last time I went bought a copy and it was amazing the number of great things in it that I wasn't aware of.

Thanks for the comment and visit.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on #11 and #13. Life's too short, enjoy it! :)

Wishing you the best in 2007!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Anndi is a wild one!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

STARRLIGHT!
Since I can remember i have called new year's Eve "Amateur Night" - Funny... For years as a DJ that was a huge night for me to be the maker of the party and I saw so many ridiculous actions.
My personal favorite is to invite 3 couples over and have a dinner party. begin at 7 with appetiser and serve one course per hour finishing with dessert at midnight...between each course make people switch seats at the table...
HEY I love in the south... LOL

Em said...

A very good list! I wish you luck on all 13!!

Barb said...

Love your sense of humor.. good luck with all that! Thanks for dropping by :)

Melissa said...

Great list of resolutions! I hope to go to Hawaii some day too.

Mo and The Purries said...

What? What do you mean you can't wave the pilates dvds over your ass and magically think something's gonna happen?!? Durn it all...

This was a great TT!

Thanks for the linkie in your sidebar! I'm returning the favor today!
Mo

Sparky Duck said...

good, Im not the only one who hates New years, though I hate Halloween more.

Savor every moment in Maui, if you want tips let me know

Anonymous said...

Not one for resolutions myself. But I wish you luck with these.

Anonymous said...

Great list good luck with your resolutions and have a happy New Year! Happy Thursday too :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Good luck with your plans!

My TT13 is up :)

Christie O. said...

LOVE #7 and I'm actually still waiting for it to start working. haha! Happy tt!

Anonymous said...

great list. Loved #9.

Happy TT

YellowRose said...

Great resolutions! I don't think I'll make any this year, I always tend to break them! LOL

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the resolution thing as well. I guess the only thing I've found to be good about it is it puts the things I've been avoiding in the hot seat and I'm forced to do something with them. I really hate that. Maui sounds so good. Great list. Thanks for stopping by. Toodles, Maryanne

tiggerprr said...

I know I've been here since Thursday a few times even...yet I missed this post. I'm losing my mind!

Those all sound like good resolutions, and I hope that you get to most of them, especially the fun ones. :)

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

I'm with you on the pilates..I have a dvd, just no dvd player in the living room. My tv is ancient and I can't seem to have it hooked up to anything other than my digital cable box...and I can't seem to hook our extra Xbox into the digital cable box. I do have fit tv though, so maybe I should start dvr-ing some pilates shows.

I don't understand this not having a computer hooked up at home dealio, though. I don't know how people live without them! Then again, if I had net access at work, I might not be online so much while at home.

Good luck on the rest of your resolutions :)

Cinnamon Girl said...

Belle - Computerless at home due to my old systems dying and then getting stored in a wet garage while I live with the parentals. I wish I had one at home!

statcounter