Monday, September 22, 2008

I Don't Know Why Sometimes I Feel Frightened

Watching Dancing with the Stars. They just announced the musical guest this week will be The Jonas Brothers and Jesse McCartney. That was so kind of them to give me warning. I'd rather stick pencils in my ears than endure that. And HOLY SHIT. The singers on this show suck hard. Really really hard.

I admit, I am shamelessly voting for Lance Bass. He was the weakest of the N'SYNC boys but come the fuck on. Boy band and gay? He better bring it. The Fat One did pretty good but let's face it, JC Chavez and The Timbersnake were the best of them and I highly doubt Justin will be doing DWTS any time soon. Which is probably a good thing since even if the boy had two left feet - which he doesn't - the little girlies -and horny old broads - would vote for him till the cows come home.

Ready for this? Topic Change! The nominees have been announced for the Rock Hall of Fame and those motherfuckers better put Iggy and The Stooges in the Hall or I will riot. And kidlet will help.

Ok, Lance is bringin it.

As I was saying, I am fine with Metallica although I still think Lars needs to have his pubes yanked out with pliers. I am fine with Run DMC, hell I named a cat after the song It's Tricky. But by God, Iggy and the Boys best be in that class. It's fucking ridiculous that they are not already. And according to the poll on MSNBC a good portion of Americans needs their pubes yanked as well.

And now I am going to go clean up my kitchen cause I made my Giada Pasta and had that and a Tanq and Tonic. I am leaving you with a video of today's -well tomorrows - post title. If the voice sounds familiar that cause it is. I give you The Crowded House boys in their earlier incarnation Split Enz and I Got You

17 comments:

Schmoop said...

Love the Split Enz. Six Months in a Leaky Boat, bay-bay. Cheers Starr!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yes! Someone new who they were! Figures it would be you Matt =)

I have been trolling my data banks re-listening to a lot of early 80s stuff I liked and trying to find it on YouTube. Like Robert Palmer, Marshall Crenshaw and Joe Jackson.

Jay said...

The popularity of the Jonas Bros and Jessie McCartney make me more worried for this country than when I'm watching the Presidential candidates.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Me too, Jay, me too. The whole squeaky clean image thing that always ends up being a massive fake. I mean have you seen the photos Miley takes of herself? Narcissism party of 1 your table is ready!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Thankfully, TiVo takes care of DWTS and that means....fast forward past the loser musical guests they subject us to....

Desert Songbird said...

Do I want to know who Jessie McCartney is? The Jonas brothers - ick. But then again, we all had our pre-teen...obsessions that we'd rather not admit. Thankfully, not my kid and not this group!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I'll cop to Duran Duran but that is about as pre-teen as it gets. I was listening to Gary Numan, Blondie, The Cars and U2 at 12. After 12 I got heavy into the British scene and punk, thanks to the Freshman year interventions of Don Ferrell and Randy Brown. Thanks guys!

I didn't even own Madonna!

Dianne said...

I TiVO DWTS too. Not so much because of the musical guests but because I can't take the backstage chatter/banter/inane bullcrap.

Just dance and shut the f up. And I don't believe for a second that you all love each other. You know damn well that Lucci is gonna put laxatives in Kim's vitamin water right before the Latin number.

I am still floored that Alice Cooper is still not in the Hall.

Travis Cody said...

I said this once before...the next time one of those Jonas guys sings a note in tune will be the first time.

Although, I believe it was in season 5 that Jesse McCartney provided the singing during a very hot Cha Cha Cha by Elena Grinkova and Tony Dovolani. So I'll cut him some slack I guess.

And bite your tongue!!! We'll have no timbersnakes on my favorite show!

Jodi said...

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to Jonas Brothers or Jesse McCartney. Jesse should have stayed on All My Children. LOL!

Speaking of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame..why the hell isn't Heart on their list? Just saying.

"pubes yanked out with pliers" --- LOVE IT! I never heard that before! You are too funny!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Lars got all pissy and killed Napster and this time around they WANT their albums leaked again. Short little money hungry turd can bite me.

Mimi Lenox said...

The Jonas Brothers?
I'm all aflutter....

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I will give you a break on this Lance Bass obsession - for now.

I would agree with you about Iggy and the Stooges, though. That is long overdue.

Cinnamon Girl said...

You are most kind, RWA. Everyone has to have a few flaws,right?!

And yes Iggy is way overdue. I almost want Metallica to miss out this year JUST to piss off Lars ;)

You too, Mimi? I know I am planning a big old squee fest over them. Or not!

Cinnamon Girl said...

You are most kind, RWA. Everyone has to have a few flaws,right?!

And yes Iggy is way overdue. I almost want Metallica to miss out this year JUST to piss off Lars ;)

You too, Mimi? I know I am planning a big old squee fest over them. Or not!

Anndi said...

Lars is such a whiner...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Have you seen Some Kind of Monster, Anndi? Or what I like to call The Midollica Sessions? What a little twit! And his dad!!! I wanted to hit that man on the head with a shovel!

statcounter