Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I'm A Trouble Maker Never Been A Faker

Quick post light on content. Busy week. Today was kidlets first day back to school. Whoo Hoo 8th grade. I have two dr appointments today and I was going to try to work 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon but I have labs as well. Too much in one day. I promise to write something with more substance tonight. I have my Thursday Thirteen idea and I like it (music related, big shock) but I will have to hit YouTube.

Tomorrow night kidlet and I are going to a volunteer training session at Cascade AIDS Project so that we can help volunteer in the annual Walk for Life AIDS walk in October. I walked it once, many years ago back when it was called From All Walks Of Life. Must have been around 1990. I know it was when I was working at Good Sam because it was dedicated to a patient I took care of who died right before it. The walk is Oct 12th. I think Kidlet and I will either work the Kids/Teens booth or registration. Either way it will be fun. The weekend before that is the Greek Festival. I will need to steal miss Kidlet for a morning and take her to the Festival for pastries. Mmmm...Loukoumadis!

Saturday I am working, Sunday we have a family dinner at the parentals. My uncle is in town and it is his birthday. Cake!

I leave you now with Weezer and a song I am dedicating to Matt Man ;)

8 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Big day...good luck with your labs...

Greek festival...yummers...

Schmoop said...

Yowwwzzzza!! I dig it, and thanks, Starr. I try to live up to that, except for the inability to grow what's left of my hair long.

Have fun at the fest. I went to school with a dude whose last name is Loukimidis. Ooooo weeee ooooo. Cheers!!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Hope everything goes well with the doctors. Sounds like a busy weekend.

Bud Fisher said...

So, what else have you got planned in your free time? ;)

Anndi said...

Did they give you cookies?

Greek pastries *drool*... Haven't any really good ones since the latest family event.

Cinnamon Girl said...

No cookies!!!!!! But my mom did make me oatmeal ginger cranberry scones =)

Let's see we have the family think this weekend, she has a sleep over the following weekend, the weekend after that she has a Saturday Leadership trip to the beach for a beach clean up, then I think we get a weekend off, then Greek Fest and then the AIDS walk....holy shit. I am tried already :P

Desert Songbird said...

Greek Fest?! Yum! May I come along?

Mimi Lenox said...

You are some kind of busy woman!!! And I do admire the way you and kidlet hang out. Very cool.

statcounter