5:45 am. At work. Coffee in hand, cold in head. The fruit of my loins appears to have become a petri dish. All her friends have this nasty virus that starts out like pink eye (that was tues and wed) then turns to a sore throat (yesterday and today) and finally makes one's head a snot factory. Oh Joy.
Here until 6:15 as well. Yes a 12 hour day. Going to go get my hands blessed by our resident nun Sister Maggie. It's Mission week here at work where we celebrate our mission statement. We're a non profit insurance company, y'all. Can you sing Koom By Ya with me? Actually the one thing I am really going to miss about Oregon when I move is this company. It's a really great place to work.
Yesterday was our Mission awards where the entire company gets together and recognizes people who live the mission, aka volunteer and practice green. It's pretty cool, we had a slide show to begin with featuring all the charities and organizations we support. I got One, Kiva and Cascade AIDS project up on the slideshow. Anonymously, kthx. No pictures of me. Damn...I forgot Relay for Life!
Anyhow a fellow charity auction member was won of 4 recipients this year, and she really deserved it. So it was nice. Today our wee nun (she really *is* short) will be doing a blessing of the hands. Sort of an individual prayer for each of us and the works our hands do. It's a nice tradition.
I booked our beach trip rooms for November. My friend H, Kidlet and myself are all going to Yachats to the Overleaf Lodge again in November. We went in together and got a Sunset Suite. It has two bedrooms, the jacuzzi in the corner window looking right at the ocean and an in room kitchenette. Saves on dining out cost. Two nights. We are going to bring movies, head to Newport on Monday for a massage and some browsing of shops and eat a bunch of crab. Should be good.
This weekend is girl weekend. Mom is treating kidlet and me to a pedicure and lunch at a Caribbean/Cuban/African restaurant called Salvadore Molly's. Sunday kidlet and I cruise to the beach to get her egg she found last weekened. Gotta figure out a way to keep that so it doesn't stink. Hrmm. Oh and I am squeezing in 4 hours somewhere on Saturday. Most likely early AM. Shooting for 21 hour of OT which will be my most in since Oct of last year. This payperiod and the next. If I can swing it.
And now I leave you with another lesser known artist I discovered in the early 80's. Mr. Joe Jackson with Steppin Out and Is She Really Going Out With Him?
8 comments:
My kid laid me out with one of his viruses, and I graciously passed it on to Schmoop.
I know you're referencing your kid, but when you say, "the fruit of my loins" I get highly aroused.
Love Joe Jackson. Have a day, Starr!!
HAH! You lapsed Catholics are so kinky :P
I knew that you would know Joe. I just knew it. One of these days I am taking kidlet to the Rock Hall and then dropping into Bagwine Country for a drink and song session!
Been a huge Joe Jackson fan since he did his first album....
OT is great...but if you run yourself down you will miss out on your November trip...
Enjoy the goils weekend.
If I had to be at work at 5:45 am (OH MY GOD) then somebody would have to lay hands on me!
To wake me up.
I'm almost with you on the 5:4am. I get up about 5:15. But I gave up the 12 hour days after a stretch of 18 months straight.
Life is too short.
I'm a Joe Jackson fan too!
Hope you girls have a great weekend. I had a pedicure today too, chose blood red as my color.
I used to work for a couple of Catholic organizations; I always liked when the blessings and such came around. I could use all of the help I can get!
Joe Jackson - reminds me of me club hopping days.
Sigh.
It's next to impossible not to play air piano when listening to "Stepping Out". That song has one of my favorite musical intros. Along with the two you posted, some of my other favorite Joe Jackson songs are "Look Sharp", "You Can't Get What You Want", and "Breaking Us In Two".
I think you will really enjoy the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Since they keep things fresh by changing exhibits, I've always found something new to see during the times I've gone.
Post a Comment