One of my all time favorite actors,ever and by all reports one very nice man. And about the only person I have ever seen who could top Johnny Depp was Paul Newman in the 50's and 60's. I'd have to call it a toss up.
Totally agree folks. He was a legend. His portrayal of Brick in spite of all the censorship still rang totally true to the book. Add to that his stand up behavior off screen and I legend is a truely appropriate term. I fear Liz will be next.
CRAP! I just got the Joe Strummer DVD back in the mail! You probably thought I never sent it. I need to recheck your address I think I messed it up. Sorry!
Sometimes there are celebrities that can stand the scrutiny and be role models. Paul Newman was such a man, in part because he did the right things and never thought of himself as more than a man.
11 comments:
I knew it was coming, but still, when I read the news this morning, it made me sad.
Poor Joanne - she's spent a looooooong time with him.
It is always weird how people we love in entertainment feel like family. He'll be missed...
He had it all: Good looks, Talent, Good Morals, A Strong Marriage, Intelligence, Generosity, and good looks. Did I mention good looks?
Legend is a word thrown around a lot but it absolutely applies to him.
Totally agree folks. He was a legend. His portrayal of Brick in spite of all the censorship still rang totally true to the book. Add to that his stand up behavior off screen and I legend is a truely appropriate term. I fear Liz will be next.
It's a testament to Paul Newman's greatness that so many bloggers (even those that are not pop culture/entertainment-based) wrote about his death.
CRAP! I just got the Joe Strummer DVD back in the mail! You probably thought I never sent it. I need to recheck your address I think I messed it up. Sorry!
Sometimes there are celebrities that can stand the scrutiny and be role models. Paul Newman was such a man, in part because he did the right things and never thought of himself as more than a man.
He will be missed...His legacy will endure the "Hole In The Wall Camps" will be funded forever through his foods...
Thank you Mr. Newman
What a beautiful man...inside and out.
Newman Rocked!! And Johnny Depp? No matter if the movie is bad or good, Depp is always fantastic. Cheers Starr!!
Post a Comment