So I think by now all y'all know I am voting democrat in November. Not to thrilled about who I am voting for but for Supreme Court Appointment issues alone I'd vote a ficus in over a Republican.
That said, how about the sad downward spiral that is John McCain? I am going to chalk it up to age given that at one point in time, I really respected McCain and would even have contemplated a vote for him. By one point in time I do mean 2000. But this kinda sums up the long gradual almost Reaganeque slide into senility. Combine this with the absolutely PISS POOR choice he has made for running mate and let me tell you, the ficus is looking damn good.
Sure wish I was looking forward to this election.
12 comments:
I liked McCain, too, many moons ago. I think he went back for too many hits at the Kool-Aid bar. That or too many bows and kisses to The Ring.
Oh totally Desert. Bush (or Rove) have his nuts for rear view mirror ornamentation.
In lieu of a long list of anti-McCain points, I'll just go with my gut...
He's an old, used-up, dick twizzling fuck nozzle. Cheers!!
I voted for Mac in 2000 and then this past February, because my man Biden had dropped out... I don't think he's the disaster the left makes him out to be, but all things considered I'd rather have Obama/Biden running the show for a little while
Holy crap...
Well, you know we're going to disagree on this one, but I certainly respect your opinion - as I always have. Surely you realize that there are videos just like this with quotes from Obama.
While everyone wants to bash John McCain for his selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate, what about Obama's choice? Obama always talks about change, and yet he chooses a man who's been in the system (the same system Obama talks about changing) for 30 years? How receptive do you honestly think Biden is going to be to changing Washington?
I also thought it was funny that while Obama is always bashing McCain for supporting Bush "90 percent of the time," his folks used Brooks & Dunn's "Only In America" at the Democratic National Convention. That's the same song Bush's folks used at the 2004 Republican National Convention.
I guess "change" only applies to certain things.
One thing's for certain. The polls certainly show that it's not going to be a runaway for Obama and the Democrats - as many people have been expecting.
Actually RWA I 100% agree with you on everything you said.
I am not now nor have I ever been an Obama true believer. I like Biden, he cracks me up but I remember the 80's campaign and I do get the inherent irony of the guy accused of plagiarism running with the guy who ripped off Chavez's Yes We Can and RFKs ripples of hope :P
But pro-choice pro-life issues aside, Palin I just can not stand as I think anyone who really was into "family values" would not subject her pregnant 17 year old to the world wide glare of the media just to be vice president.
And surely we can agree that Palin is woefully un prepared to serve as commander in chief. Plus she is anti gay AND wants creationism taught in school. I am sick to death of the Republican party getting into office by courting the backwards bigot vote. There is something wrong with people who are so concerned about the idea of two men have anal sex that they will bend over and vote for a party that, lets face it, does not have their financial best interests at heart. That is "taking one for the team" all right.
And I am also sick to death of a Democratic party that refuses to limit the amount of governmental assistance to people because it might hurt their delicate feelings. Kennedy had the balls to ask what they could do for their country and it is about time they started demanded that the citizens of this country give something back. Personally I think you should have to do some sort of service military or community to get a student loan.
As for Obama and Biden... not my first choice. Hilary wasn't either. And I liked Edwards but he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and while I don't much think that matters one way or another for the job of being President (something like 50 percent of people admit to cheating as is) it pretty much ruins any chance of that.
So this election for me has become more about keeping Palin out of the number 2 spot. McCain I could live with. But speaking as a mother, not a democrat or a republican, I think that woman is a heartless bitch.
Oh and can I just add that your differing opinion was once again offered respectly as always and I appreciate it! You know I have had some really rather rude shit said to me...by Democrats!
Well, I would "hope" that we wouldn't have to see Palin as Commander In Chief.
As for her daughter, I think that's an unfortunate fact with today's society and the blood-thirsty media. I will commend Obama for saying that families, especially children, should be off-limits. Unfortunately, the powers that be in the media world don't agree with him...or us.
And you're right about JFK and the famous speech. That's why I thought it was funny that Obama contradicted himself, saying that people should do more for themselves - and the government should do more to help people.
Although I cant say that I agree with some of your political views KIRS...who cares...I still want to kiss you with tounges and everything...LOL...Later Logan5...*S*
I agree with RWA on every point. McCain wouldn't be my ultimate pick, but considering the two we have to choose from, he's the lesser of the two evils.
I just can't bring myself to vote for Obama. Besides the fact that, in my opinion, he simply doesn't have the experience, something has always set bad with me each time I see him or hear his voice. I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what I feel, but it's sort of like watching and hearing a typical greasy used car salesman. I see total greed, pompus and and narcissism in his eyes. I really think he would be a disasterous choice for us.
Plus, I have to admit that I am a bit peeved about some of his racist, or "semi-racist" comments in his books.
One of his quotes was: I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction". That quote really bothers me, especially coming from the mouth of our possible future president.
Another one that I really hate is:
"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the
age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was
ingratiating myself to whites".
And yet another: "'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive
sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race".
C'mon guys. Is this really the type of person that we want running our country? I feel like im in the minority. I certainly hope not.
McCain is very clearly a MUCH safer choice for us. No Obama. Not right now, guys.
I felt a whole hell of a lot better about McCain before he picked Palin. That woman is an ignorant hypocritical typical "Christian" bitch. I fucking loathe her.
As to Obama's remarks I'd counter that "Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" is every bit as ill conceived of a comment as "standing with Muslins."
Unless of course you are one of those people who feels all Muslims are evil. In which case, get the fuck off my blog cause I don't tolerate bigots.
Post a Comment