Oh my god, I am old. How did I do this overtime shit, deal with a kid who went to school downtown at the time, and keep my house clean?!? I can do MAYBE 15 hours a payperiod of overtime and that takes pretty much every once of energy I have. Here I am at the office on Saturday again! Not next Saturday though. Kidlet, mom and I are getting toes done and lunch at a Cuban restaurant.
Kidlet is doing better. Had back to school night on Thursday and met her teachers. It was a huge step up from last year. This year they seem to have their shit together and actually care about the kids success. Her math teacher is a far far cry from Welter Skelter last year. Thank God.
I did give her principal the stink eye and this time around there were NO promises about parental notification etc etc. I guess he took our threat to video tape him lying seriously! The Garden Gnome.
This morning I went over and hauled Kidlet out of bed at 7am, fed her, gave her 20 bucks and stuck her on the bus for her Leadership trip to the beach for the twice yearly statewide Beach Clean Up. Her dad has her and I have Miss H coming over tonight for food, booze and bitching. Should be good. Once I change the cat boxes that is.
Glad I shared that tidbit, ain't ya?
I leave you with the UNA-BROW BOYS...aka Oasis and their new song. What with The Verve and Oasis having new albums out I can damn near close my eyes and pretend it is 1995 ;0
5 comments:
I never got into Oasis. I think it was reading interviews with them before I ever heard anything and thinking what pricks they were and just not wanting to listen to them. Which is strange, I like the music of a lot of other jerks, that usually doesn't stop me...
Oh Noel and Liam take it to a whole new level. They slag on some of my favorite people, but I have never taken it seriously. I think it is mostly a publicity stunt. Plus Noel just got the shit beat out of him during a concert.
An evening of entertaining at home is always more pleasant with a freshly scooped cat box. Of course, the dang cat always seems to know you're having company and uses the dang box right after you scoop it.
Gabriel is an expert in what I call "got ya!" poops.
I often wondered how I could have held three jobs, gone to college 3/4 time, and paid my bills on time. Whew! I'm sooooooo glad that's over!
Post a Comment