I almost made it 1 year and my 300th post, but I fell what...4 short? I could spam my own blog but that seems a tad silly :p
Let's see. Time to semi wrap up the last couple of days. First thing, Wed had much fun with the landscaper idiots. I think I might have ranted about our issues with the Home Owners Assoc and the fact that our sprinklers SUCK and there are not enough of them. Suffice to say the only thing green about our landscape company is probably the ganja they smoke on the 3 hour lunch breaks. I shit you not. Anyhow they sent a "representative" out to the house probably thinking I would not be there but unlucky them it was drop off kidlet time. Between Mom and me, we seem to have put the fear of God and/or litigation into both the HOA and the Landscaper. Idiot worker tried to tell me rhododendrons don't like sun. Err...sure. Asshat.
So that irked me. I go inside to turn on Mr Laptop and low and behold Windows is fubar'd and will not launch OR run diagnostics. Called Best Buys and was told to bring it in. That's cool, not looking forward to more time in that parking lot, but ok. So I get there and I get in line at Geek Squad central. Sorta their Batcave in the store, ya know? Take a guess what I got for a geek. A 5 foot, bleach blonde, cigarette jean wearing EmoSkeeze with roots and that whole "whoa is me" attitude. I could not make this stupid bitch get the difference between the OS initializing and the friggin computer turning on. She kept babbling about the battery.
I finally told her that the only thing she looked knowledgeable in was body shots and how to puke and not get it in her hair. It took her a bit but once she worked through the bigger words she looked suitably stunned. Fortunately for me, Napoleon Dynamites twin was behind the counter. Tall, skinny, chin pubes, thick glasses, Leatherman, and chapstick. THIS, my friends, was a geek. I told EmoSkank I wanted Napoleon to help me and to step aside. I called him Obi Wan, told him he was my only hope, and he fixed me up with a new laptop. He was actually pretty cool.
So laptop now works awesome. Kidlet and I went to Panera bread for dinner last night and took our laptops to use their handy dandy free wifi. It was most cool. And the french onion soup rocks too.
Kidlet got her guitar. It's the blue one

She is beyond stoked about it. The starter kit came with a small amp, cable, strap, and gig bag. Oh and 4 picks. I upgraded the bag to a thicker one and also got her an electronic tuner. And 4 lessons starting on June 13th. Typically, her dad has been attempting to find any way to piss on this. And keeps making comments about all the "cash" I am throwing around. Well first off, it was our vacation money but since the Shakespeare Fest is seriously booked this year it is looking like it will be 1 play instead of 3. That is 250 in ticket cost savings right there. And like..duh...it's May. We have HUGE summer child care/activity charges every year. It's actually cheaper than when she was younger and we had to have all day camps. That used to set us back 2k per summer. By comparison 240 for a guitar set up is cheap!
Tonight I am going to Francis X for dinner and cosmos with my good friend H and D another friend I have not seen in ages. Should be fun.
Finally to wrap up this post, I was tagged by Devilish Southern Belle to participate in the 5 Fave Places to Eat Locally meme.
The complete rules:1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country you're in.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they've been tagged.
Kidlet and I have discussed and here are our local recommendations. We live in a suburb of Portland (woo) but we pretty much have lived in every part of the city and we have choosen our top 5 from all metro area.
1. Mad Greek Deli - Words can not express the love I have for this place. Greek Fries...yum. The best gyros and a cranky old greek dude to serve you. It's home. Hillsboro Oregon
2. Marrakesh - Kidlet and I love this place. You sit on the floor, they serve awesome tea, the set starters just rock and the rabbit is to die for. Northwest Portland
3. Pazzo - The best food I have had in Portland since the good old days of Zefiro restaurant. Awesome Italian. The best I have had outside of Italy. Downtown Portland
4. Outback - Yes I know it is not local, but tough shit, I love steak! Everywhere and the moon and Beaverton Oregon
5. Pasta Pronto - Hands down the single most divine Fettucine Alfredo on the planet. I have never once, in 7 years, ordered anything else. And that is ok by me! Hillsboro Oregon
Now as for tags, I am pretty lame on making folks do that mostly cause I am lazy :P So, feel free, link me and let me know you have done this and I will post a link to you in this post!
Off to work for me. Y'all come back now, ya hear?
10 comments:
Congratulations on the one year anniversary! Nicely done.
And I'm sorry your laptop went belly up on you, but the story of the EmoSkank was just too funny!!
It's all fine and dandy now, they gave me a new laptop so even I can get a laugh out of the EmoSkank =)
Happy Blogday, Mizz Starrlight. Your eaterie's are about 6000 miles too far for me, but I would join you for the fettucine alfredo - yum.
You probably made that kid's day. That's hilarious.
Happy blogday!
One year! Good for you!!!
Yippee for one year! You woulda hit well over 300 if the internet Nazis at your workplace hadn't put the kibosh on you for a spell. Damn them.
So glad the new laptop is working out. Thank God for geeks...I married one, and he keep ms technologically sound.
Good for Kidlet and her guitar. Hubby has a 1977 Fender Strat, and I SWEAR to you I am gonna learn how to play that thing before I die!
Now, I'm not surprised that a Greek place is the number one eatery on your list of food places. I wish I wish upon a star (no, not you Starr!) that we'd get an Indonesian place here in Phx, but I get my kicks at my friend's place with her Chinese which is reminiscent of some of my mom's best Indonesian cooking.
There were so many other. We have a great vietnamese place we go to and Eleni's where we ate a couple of weeks ago is seriously great Greek. Mad Greek rules the Gyro though =)
Happy anniversary!!
what? Kidlet didnt just get guitar hero 2 for playstation
Thanks so much for playing along! I am officially jealous of all the cool dining establishments you have!
Also, happy Bloggiversary!
Post a Comment