I love this picture. Love it. Second only the the statue of the bird girl in Savannah's Bonaventure, this is my favorite. Yes, I like cemeteries. Sue me :P
Oh how beautiful! It's so funny I love cemeteries too and I was just saying yesterday I want to get to a Victorian one here and takes some pictures :-)
I love the picture but alas can not take credit for it. And Janie I am not sure where she is at although Oakland does have a lot of civil war graves and I know this motiff was popular in Victorian times. www.slrobertson.com
39 comments:
I love this picture. Love it. Second only the the statue of the bird girl in Savannah's Bonaventure, this is my favorite. Yes, I like cemeteries. Sue me :P
Oh how beautiful! It's so funny I love cemeteries too and I was just saying yesterday I want to get to a Victorian one here and takes some pictures :-)
I would love this in a print!! Lovely.
Teg you can order it. Go to
http://slrobertson.com/ to order his stuff. It is under Georgia/Atlanta.
awesome photo.
It looks kind of peaceful. Nice shot.
I like it too. And these places are good to come to and consider life and how we are living it.
Cemeteries are lovely places to visit, and reflect. I too like taking photos in them. Happy WW!
What a beautiful picture!
It took me a moment to figure out where it was, but I love the shot.
An angelic pose for the eternities......
Happy WW!
Beautiful statue. I can feel the sadness already.
I love cemetaries too.
Great photo. Is that from the grave of a young girl?
I don't care for cemeteries at all, but I do like your photo! :-)
Beautiful, but sad photo. I personally don't like cemetaries, either.
Old graves make some interesting photos. I've always wanted to explore an old cemetary with my camera.
Oooh, I just love graveyards (sorry if that sounds strange!)! This is such a stunning photograph! :)
I love cemeteries too. You've taken a classic there. Brilliant photo!
Beautiful statue. Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great Wednesday!
That is a lovely shot, I like grave yards as well.
Great angle of the statue with the cemetary in the background!
I know this may seem odd as this is a cemetary shot, but this picture is so peaceful! Really, I'm not tryinig to make a bad joke!lol
I love the picture but alas can not take credit for it. And Janie I am not sure where she is at although Oakland does have a lot of civil war graves and I know this motiff was popular in Victorian times.
www.slrobertson.com
Peaceful picture! The statue evokes prayer and reflection. Love it!
Voice on Miscellaneous Matters
Beautiful, where is it from?
It's Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta, Julee.
Cemetery's always look so much more stylish in B&W. Nice shot.
That's the place I go tonight, just for playing "Ghost of the graveyard", lol !
And now I felt from my chair with your stormy blog !
Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is the best wordless I've seen today. I have lots of photos like this myself.
Great wordless. I spend lots of time in cemeteries too.
I love this angel, and how "weathered" she is but still going strong!
Beautiful pic. Happy WW - mines up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/
Beautiful pic. Happy WW - mines up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/
I loved the picture. The angel looks sad somehow.
Aline
I really love cemeteries with older markers that include statuary of children and sometimes even pets. Nice job & thanks for coming by for a visit! :)
Some might think that I'm really bizzare, but cemeteries are quite beautiful. I think your photo is quite amazing.
NICE! I like the peaceful look of cemetaries.
Post a Comment