Monday, May 14, 2007

The World Forgetting, By The World Forgot

Happy Dance time! My most generous mother has offered to set me up with a laptop. This means more Starr for you folks as I won't have to drag my butt into the office. No, now I will be able to share with you all the random crap that floats through my brain a 1am. Be afraid.

Mom's day was very nice. Kidlet enlisted the help of her grandmother and got me gorgeous Star(r)gazer Lilies


and Peruvian Lily


with some ferns for greens. They are gorgeous. And my grandfather gave me a dancing 49er bulldog that he has kindly added "Montana" to the jersey. Joe ownz all other QB's. There will be no discussion :P

So anyhow Mom is out perusing Laptops today and tomorrow and I am trying not to take my networks apparent flatulence personally. It works until I try to print. Then it breaks. Then they fix, then I print. Rinse. Repeat. It hates me.

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last night. I love that movie although it is ridiculously sad as well. It was also the movie that caused kidlet to do her happy dance of ankle breaking. I told her if she so much as blinked on that couch, I was rolling her into a padded room. We both had to fight to stay awake last night. We made ourselves watch the end of Survivor, and tried to make it until at least 10. Even kidlet was beat.

She had her guitar lesson yesterday and LOVED it. Didn't ask me but I knew she wanted further lessons. From where I stand being a girl who can play electric guitar can only help in the ability to be able to look people dead in the eye and say FOAD. So I am down with that, and made her day by taking her to price electric guitar beginner packs. The high pitched "EEEEE!!!!!" she let out was probably heard by dogs in neighboring states :P

8 comments:

Miss Frou Frou said...

I love Eternal Sunshine... need to rewatch it soon... saw it with a friend who can barely sit through movies and she sat beside me in total stillness through the whole movie... and then we both cried like babies!

Cinnamon Girl said...

First time I saw it was right after a break up. It was waaay painful. But I loved it. Kate Winslet can do no wrong in my book.

Odat said...

Sound like you had a great mother's day...flowers are soooo pretty!!!! Congrats on the laptop.
Peace

Travis Cody said...

YAY for laptops.

I will not argue Joe's greatness, as I agree. However, I will allow room that Peyton Manning may one day surpass Joe. I say may...Peyton needs more rings before he can even generate the discussion.

Desert Songbird said...

I love stargazer lilies. Stunning.

I agree - Montana rulz, but my Peyton is on his way to his own greatness. Don't know if he'll get to Joe's league, but Peytie boy is great in his own way.

No Mas said...

Stargazers smell wonderful! Lucky you. Good for kidlet - I bet she'll be tearing up the guitar in no time at all. Watch out Sheryl Crow!

Sparky Duck said...

we love lilies, however the cats do not, so they are banned.
Laptops are great, just avoid a Dell!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Sparky I hear and obey on the Dell. Didn't like their desktops much. I am going with a Toshiba.

NoMas, she is SO excited. But she is more of a Donnas Girl than a Sheryl girl =)

Odat- Happy Belated M day to you too! The flowers are gorgeous and smell yummy too.

Desert and Trav, I like Peyton actually. He is the only QB I have really like since Joe. He can scramble. I like that in a QB!

statcounter