Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #11

I am spacing out people. Seriously seem to have lost that crispness of mind. So today's 13 is off the wall and random. These are just a few thoughts from the oddness that is Starr's brain.

1. If I never have to hear The Shin's New Slang ever again in my life I will be most greatful.

2. Chili Colorado with pork loin is yummy. Especially when I make it.

3. Flavored creamers for coffee make me gag. Especially hazelnut. /shudder

4. The General Lee is up for auction on Ebay. Current price? 2.7Million. Belle and I would have to dual for the Lee!

5. Van Halen rocks. Van Hagar...not so much.

6. I had a seriously screwed up dream not long ago in which Dennis Weaver (the actor) chased George Clooney and myself through the Milagro Beanfields. In late 70's model Caddys. He ended up catching us AND killing us both with the claw end of a hammer. George tried to save me. He was very brave. Dennis was a peg.

7. The same night I had the above dream, Kidlet dreamed that her class had a heads down hands up vote and had her committed to a mental asylum. While in the asylum, Linda Blair suffocated her with a tuna sandwich. That had too much dill. We are still trying to figure out what we ate or drank that caused such bizarre dreams.

8. This is NOT a flattering picture of Ickney Spears. I think it is safe to say she didn't have that tummy tuck.




9. I could listen to The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony on Urban Hymns on repeat over and over. That and Porcelain on Moby's Play are the two songs I go to when I need to chill the world and or my brain out.

10. My daughter HATES Michael Buble. She calls him "The Booble" in this snarky mocking voice.

11. We had dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Eleni's Philoxenia & Estiatorio with a cousin I actually had FUN talking too. Back story here, I come from a HUGE Greek family. My Big Fat Greek Wedding was not as amusing to me as it was to others. I watched it with my ex boyfriend and his mom and they thought it was hysterical. I cringed. A lot. Tidbit I just learned, the owner of Eleni's - Eleni herself - is married to the former owner of the Satyricon!

12. I registered with Habitat for Humanity today to be a volunteer. And you should too!

13. If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?


18 comments:

Dane Bramage said...

Weird dreams the same night? Check to see if they were spraying stuff in your area :-). Oh and HAZELNUT coffee creamer is da bomb! without it I just drink coffee black!

Thanks for visiting my 13 Classy Insults list.

Erin Faye said...

Love #13! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Happy TT. That's cool that you volunteered for Habitat. I would love to do that too... sadly, or maybe it's a good thing, they don't do many projects here. I have only seen one house built by them in my area. But I bet it will be a lot of fun!

Desert Songbird said...

Sorry, Starr, but you know what this Songbird loved about "Greek Wedding?" That you could insert a lot of different ethnicities in place of Greek and the story still worked. Kinda like "Bend it Like Beckham" (which, BTW, is one of my favorite movies). I remember all too well the embarrassment of growing up feeling ashamed of my culture and family. Thankfully I outgrew it.

I can empathize about the loss of cerebral dexterity. I have felt like that for weeks now. Sigh...

Tisha! said...

mother and daughter dreams hmmm freaky which is why I adore ya so much!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I have heard that from a ton of Italian and Jewish friends, Desert!

It's just the whole windex thing brings to mind my grandfather's theory that Ouzo cures anything :P

Tisha - it was SO FRICKIN WEIRD. It was like someone dosed us both.

Thanks Aimee and GEG!

Dane - I am shuddering right now! Hazelnut! GAH!

Anonymous said...

"Chili Colorado with pork loin is yummy. Especially when I make it."

So? Out with the recipe!

:-)

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh yikes! I did do a chili taunt there, didn't I David? I swear I will post it tonight.

Anndi said...

Sweetie, I understand totally about My Big Fat Greek Wedding... I swear that was my family...

The Kidlet has her mother's sense of humour, she sounds wonderful!

JAM said...

I've had dreams with famous people in weird surroundings. The mind is a terrible thing.

Heck, I don't even like coffee, much less the things folks put into their coffee.

I love the random stuff like this.

Chelle said...

I am totally with you on the floavored creamers. That's just wrong.

Sparky Duck said...

those dreams make my dreams from the last few nights seem normal, though still odd
hazelnut bleh, blueberry cobbler mmmm
Bittersweet Symphony is one of the bestest songs evah

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, your last one was hilarious. And good for you for volunteering for H for H!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

cool TT... umm did you ever figure out what caused the dreams.. and I always thought we wake up before we die in dreams....

Crazy Working Mom said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my TT today. :)

This is a great list. Congrats on joining Habitat for Humanity!

That pic of Brit is horrid. I heard on the news tonight that she was lip singing on a few small concerts. How crazy is that? Why in the heck would you wanna go watch someone pretend to sing the same thing you can listen to on the radio!? Crazy...

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Congrats on joining Habitat for Humanity. My husband was just saying if we could afford it (but can't) he would love to join the Habitat for Humanity RV caravans and just go from house to house. I love the idea, but would be hard to volunteer like that with no income. Someday, I am hoping they will do something local.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hey Bond, not only did I die but right before I did Dennis looks at me and goes "may god forgive because I never will." I woke up thinking, DAMN DUDE! I am not feeling to kindly to you either!

Tawnya Shields said...

This was a very diverse T13. Congrats on signing up for Habitat for Humanity. I am a human rights activist among other things. I enjoy when others help to make the world a better place. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Have a nice weekend.

statcounter